So called clear out

Status
Not open for further replies.
or a ‘room’ in solitary

flew in to the Bermuda Triangle, that one...

giphy.gif

One of the things that come out of the Benitez - Shearer interview was him saying

“It changed when we couldn’t sell players. It’s difficult when people are on big contracts and nobody wants to buy them, so we didn’t have that option."

So if that was last summer when the players come out alright after Ancelotti there's absolutely no chance in hell we'll be able to shift this summer after how they've been performing this season.

Unless Kevin Thelwell is both a genius and con artist there's no way other teams are buying our players.

Barret-Baxendale and Kenwright have to be the first to go. Any onfield rebuild will be irrelevant while the club is still rotting away at the core. How long until we are back in this position again if they remain? We got away with it this year, and Moshiri should be ensuring that the club never ends up in this position again. He has to take drastic action in the summer to show that he's taking steps to ensure this doesn't happen again.

As much as everyone wants a clear out, it's not gonna be that simple.

No way we jettison most of the squad this summer, we'd be left with nobody.

While that sounds great to most Evertonians, I can't see the board allowing us to be fully decimated. It would need absolute clinical panache in the transfer market to replace each [Poor language removed] player with a better one, have them on board for the summer training, and all within FFP.

Jonjoe Kenny contract extension incoming.

I'll have you a £1 Kenny gets another year

Why?

Patterson will probably be first choice next season, Seamus will stay as squad player as despite all his flaws these days he did o.k in some games in the run in and likes of Godfrey and Holgate can cover RB if injuries hit.

Need backup at LB but Mykolenko has made that position his own with more to come.

One of the things that come out of the Benitez - Shearer interview was him saying

So if that was last summer when the players come out alright after Ancelotti there's absolutely no chance in hell we'll be able to shift this summer after how they've been performing this season.

Unless Kevin Thelwell is both a genius and con artist there's no way other teams are buying our players.

Will have to be loans I think.

You'd think given how decent he was at Napoli someone from Serie A will want Allan, Mourinho likes that type of experienced head in midfield.

Gomes perhaps end up back in Portugal or lower end Spanish team.

Given Davies started today I can actually see Lampard giving him a run start of next season so could well start the season with Doucoure-Davies-Ali (which will probably mean mass panic on August 31st!)

Status
Not open for further replies.