Big Sam?

• Yes

Votes: 256 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 254 49.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots making the same points,but like you not naming a viable alternative.I cant think of one decent manager with Prem experience who we could attract.Wait much longer and it'll be too late.
I don't know the answer mate. We're in a terrible situation, but just because I can't name a viable option "with premier experience" to take over as manager doesn't mean we should give the role to somebody like Allardyce or Pulis.

I want somebody to take over who will get Everton playing attractive, exciting and winning football. Somebody who will bring the enjoyment back of going to GP or BMD. Somebody who can take up and develop the fantastic opportunity we have with the group of talented young players at our disposal. Tuchel would have been my manager of choice but presumably he isn't interested. I'd have given Silva my full support too, but he doesn't appear to be available immediately. So why not cast our net further and take a chance on the next Tuchel/Silva. I don't know who it is but they are out there now. Somewhere!! Surely the club should be employing professional consultants to do this for them.

It's a risk, and results may suffer during the transitional period. The squad is in need of stripping back to our better young players complimented by the likes of Coleman, Gana, Siggy, Bolasie and (hopefully) Barkley. Then bring in a goal scorer and some experienced defenders during January and we have a fighting chance.

Of course there is still a risk we could still go down, but there's no guarantee that Allardyce, working with the existing aging dross will fare any better.

I don't know the answer mate. We're in a terrible situation, but just because I can't name a viable option "with premier experience" to take over as manager doesn't mean we should give the role to somebody like Allardyce or Pulis.

I want somebody to take over who will get Everton playing attractive, exciting and winning football. Somebody who will bring the enjoyment back of going to GP or BMD. Somebody who can take up and develop the fantastic opportunity we have with the group of talented young players at our disposal. Tuchel would have been my manager of choice but presumably he isn't interested. I'd have given Silva my full support too, but he doesn't appear to be available immediately. So why not cast our net further and take a chance on the next Tuchel/Silva. I don't know who it is but they are out there now. Somewhere!! Surely the club should be employing professional consultants to do this for them.

It's a risk, and results may suffer during the transitional period. The squad is in need of stripping back to our better young players complimented by the likes of Coleman, Gana, Siggy, Bolasie and (hopefully) Barkley. Then bring in a goal scorer and some experienced defenders during January and we have a fighting chance.

Of course there is still a risk we could still go down, but there's no guarantee that Allardyce, working with the existing aging dross will fare any better.
You make it sound so easy mate. My advice is to understand the mess we are in and become realistic. We are the worst team in this division with a rotting attitude from the core. Before we start playing attractive football we need to fight to win the ball first. Ask those fans yesterday who made that journey to watch arguably our worst performance in decades yet we want a Simone or whoever. Laughable it really is.

What on earth do you mean "back to" it??
I mean the Moyes days when we were served this daily bullshit diet of how well we're doing, nearly mixing it with the big boys, fighting well above our weight, getting to accept long ball tactics as the norm as that's our true level really, etc etc etc. The last few years I felt that we had dropped that stigma, at least in our own minds. Expectations had risen. We believed we could compete with the big boys and indeed had many game where we dominated and deservedly won. How many times did that happen under Moyes.

If we appoint Allardyce as manager he will take us back to the Moyes era or worse, and expectations will be mid table is a decent season and 7th is brilliant and will get Allardyce manager of the season. Do you want that?

Dignity?? The performances against Arsenal, Atalanta and Southampton (to name but 3)have been nothing short of a disgrace, embarassing.
Apoligies, I wrote dignity not in the sense of football performance rather in the sense of personal morals. I'm still off.

I’m no fan of Allardyce, but there is an undeniable logic to his appointment.

We couldn’t get Silva, it’s easy to imagine Tuchel and Ancelotti weren’t interested. Simeoni talk was nonsense.
All the while our team is consistently playing like the worst side in the league.

NEA anymore.

Allardyce is the plum those players deserve. They’ve seen off a succession of managers and now they’re getting their just deserts.

We’ve had some unfashionable players in the Premier League era - Gough, Stubbs, Weir, Carsley, Pembridge, Watson et al - but this current bunch might be the most mentally fragile to play in blue.

NEA anymore.

Allardyce is the plum those players deserve. They’ve seen off a succession of managers and now they’re getting their just deserts.

1. We’ve had some unfashionable players in the Premier League era - Gough, Stubbs, Weir, Carsley, Pembridge, Watson et al - but this current bunch might be the most mentally fragile to play in blue.
Just seeing this top class leaders name, and thinking about jags angers me

You make it sound so easy mate. My advice is to understand the mess we are in and become realistic. We are the worst team in this division with a rotting attitude from the core. Before we start playing attractive football we need to fight to win the ball first. Ask those fans yesterday who made that journey to watch arguably our worst performance in decades yet we want a Simone or whoever. Laughable it really is.
I understand that mate. The last 2 games have probably been as bad as anything I have seen in the best part of 50 years. There is a rotten core at the club, and it's not just at playing level. The board need sorting too. Read my post again mate. I said the squad need stripping back and the rotten core booted out. I also said that relegation this season is a risk. I haven't got my head in the sand. I'm saying that we need to start over and if we can do that without relegation then brilliant. If not then we just have to go through relegation in order to move forward.

If Allardyce takes over I promise you he will turn to the payers who are the main reason we are in this mess, and there's no guarantee that those players with their "rotting attitudes" will respond positively to his methods. I can still see us getting relegated if Allardyce does take over, and even if he keeps us up we'll still have the same issues next season, only worse.

I can't believe so many people think he's the answer.

Mate he kept a Bolton team for years and I recall got them into Europe - for us now is to learn to fight again

Please no. We have a transfer window in about a month. The long term damage this guy will cause will just compound every single mistake to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.