Sky TV fixtures announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm older than you claim to be and 'Everton fans going to watch Liverpool wasn't unheard of in them days' was but maybe not in your house. 'I'll prob be called a Kopite' but not by me because it's against GOT rules and I don't think you are because of your username.
It was common mate, me arl fella swears it was emlyn Hughes who started the bitterness singing "everton are tragic
" at st George's hall. Until then the opposing fans used to welcome the team home at lime street if they had won something.

It was common mate, me arl fella swears it was emlyn Hughes who started the bitterness singing "everton are tragic
" at st George's hall. Until then the opposing fans used to welcome the team home at lime street if they had won something.

That was a significant moment in the slide into bitterness - at the peak of their success, for their captain to arbitrarily refer to EFC as "tragic" was a new low. They became even more bitter when we became a threat in the 80s, exacerbated by the consequences of the Heysel tragedy.
Watch the bitterness level increase in the future as we displace them as the city's most successful team (I hope).

True this, horrible Tory scum

He definitely upped the ante in the Blue/Red rivalry, did Emlyn that night.

Never again did we take a benign view of them winning things after that.

It still rankles with me, a lifetime later :mad:

And of course Heysel poisoned the waterhole forever due to its long lasting repercussions for EFC.

Any rough ideas when the TV fixtures for December will be announced? Hassle from the in-laws about going a family do on the 18th December.

Emlyn Hughes is right up there on the Pantheon of hateful people, equal to, or just slightly worse than, John Aldridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.