Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is going on!?? That is just ridiculous we're desperate for bodies especially a striker and why the hell release Heitinga and not replace him??

IS there really money there? Or are we really that badly in the **** financially that we're having to get more players out and off the wage bill and not replace them?

We have £20m approx - maths tells us that. The problem is that it won't be spent on footballers at Everton whilst Billy is in charge.

Negative net spend throughout his ENTIRE tenure as chairman and he still has his happy clappers as he's a Blue.

Come on, though. Half the league pays bigger wages then we do and they actually spend money on transfers too.

I'm not agreeing with it. We've had a huge increase in TV income and traded players at significant profit. I just suspect that McGeady + Traore are filling a Jelavic + Heitinga sized hole in the wage bill.

We all know we haven't got any money, whether fees or wages we won't be signing anyone. That was the manager's frustrations coming to the surface - saying lukaku out but nobody coming in. Only outgoings.

Better be proved wrong Friday or we're all going to look ridiculous by May. United, Spurs,maybe even Newcastle above us after giving it all this top 4 rubbish the past few months

I am away for the run-up for transfer deadline day, it could be quite something on here this week.

3 days to get medicals,visas, personal terms and instalments sorted out.

Good luck with that.

I doubt we're even going to get to the medicals, personal terms stage in the next 3 days. We won't bring anyone in.

Martinez: "We'll exit the transfer window with a stronger squad than when we went into it."

Looking forward to all of the signings this week.

Martinez has obviously had "the chat" with Kenwright where he realised he's been had on the whole time about getting money from transfers and investment from the board members. If he didn't know already, he must know now he's got next to no chance of ever winning anything under this regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.