Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm some interesting points concerning Ince guys. Personally I'm not fussed either way.
All the indicators would suggest he'd make a good signing, he's cheap, young, talented and English. Players in this bracket are in reletively low supply so you'd expect demand to be high. However that doesn't seem to be the case. I'd have thought clubs like us, Newcastle, Spurs, and the RS would be after him rather than the clubs referenced.
The way I see it this means one of two things either, he simply isn't good enough for the clubs at the top end of the prem or, he is seeking assurances (from potential buying clubs) of consistent playing time.
If for example we signed him he'd be competing for playing time with Pienaar, Mirallas, Mcgeady, Deulofeu and Barkley, in his case a losing battle. We cannot guarantee him the minutes he needs to develop and reach his full potential. Stoke, Swansea, Cardiff however can.
If this is the case then his attitude should be applauded. So many youngsters join the big club, think they've made it, rarely play and never reach their potential.

Ps I know it's speculation on my part but the media do it all the time, at least theres an element of logic in my speculations.

Sign nobody.

Then we'll get another injury, then it'll be Osman and Naismith until the end of the season.

We'll finish eighth.

Sign nobody.

Then we'll get another injury, then it'll be Osman and Naismith until the end of the season.

We'll finish eighth.

Status
Not open for further replies.