Silly season almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf277

Player Valuation: £5m
welcome to the silly season warm up thread,

with transfer rumours already flying with some of our best players and propects being linked with moves away from our beloved club,

I thought I'd start this to discuss our hopes and fears for the coming transfer window.

Already threads on this site are commenting on the possibility of baines going to city, and rumours abound that rodwell is going to hold his hand with a price of a possible 50 million on the pair(n),
and the Yak and yobo unlikely to return adding more to the kitty;),
who would you spend the money on ?

also the loyalty of Jonny H is always in question:mad:, as is the ability of Bily and if he can cut it in the premier league:huh:,
questions about if Arteta and Felli can play at their best together, is there someone who can that can be the filling in what could be a great midfield sandwich?
who can finally fill the gap pienaar left? and if baines goes why have we gone from having one of the strongest left wings in the prem to filling gaps?:oops::blink:

your thoughts ?

Lets look at the whole picture realistically, however much we love our team, most of our heros,have about another season two at the outside, they getting injured, as you do when you get older for longer, theres no investment in the squad or very little, the better younger players are looking at this Baines Rodwell,ect, and have got to be asking themselves do i really want to just survive each season, or play out of position to cover injuries and ruin their international chances, without investment or new money owning the club, i think we are gonna fall a long way down until we find a level the club can sustain with the type of player we can afford.

This is the biggest summer the club has had in a long time. Who knows who we will have or not have when the season starts. I trust Moyes and i think most fans do

Im starting to think it could be a positive summer, im not sure why, i just think that something has to give, the squad has been stale for a long while and i believe Moyes knows this and he may try something a little more radical than usual
One of the star players may have to leave to enable us to make these changes, but i believe whoever Moyes brings in will be a good, fresh, new addition to the squad

Summer is by far the best of all the seasons, but in terms of football I hate it. Rumour after rumour of utter tripe.

As long as we get Jo I'm not arsed.

I'm still deciding whether or not to pay any attention until August. I'm contemplating just forgetting about football completely after the Champions League final and doing other stuff instead. Can't be arsed with 8 weeks of bull****.

I'm still deciding whether or not to pay any attention until August. I'm contemplating just forgetting about football completely after the Champions League final and doing other stuff instead. Can't be arsed with 8 weeks of bull****.

but you know that you will in the end despite yourself ...

You horror, I was going to chastise you for talking about melt season too early but realised it starts on Monday.

Expect the following.

* Hastily assembled lists, usually from Champ Manager experience, of players you'd like for us to sign.

* Moyes to remain coy about potential signings until the end of May.

* Eric Dier will go back to Sporting or somewhere else as we couldn't afford the fee quoted.

* We'll be linked continually with players that we can't afford or wouldn't want to play for us.

* There will be first time posters bringing us ultra secret info about an imminent signing of someone who looks boss on youtube.

* We'll end up selling one of best players.

* The Official Site will run a big article on how boss Ryan Barkley is going to be.

* By July, lids will be fuming and turning on each other on here.

* Paul Dickov will come out of retirement to end our striker crisis.

* Fellaini will break three metatarsal by slipping in his winklepickers coming out of a trendy bar in the Albert Dock. Out for 5 months.

* We'll sign a central defender who's comfortable in defensive midfield from Portugal who isn't all that.

* The season will start where we get beat at home to an attacking QPR and this place will implode.

* 35% of the income we received for the player we sold will be released to Moyes on 28th August.

* We'll sign two players on loan.

* We'll finish eighth.

Status
Not open for further replies.