Should we really blame Moyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are most predictable team in league that's down to manager,4,5,1 with a striker who only wants the ball on his laces,who doesn't run channells we haven't got plyers for the formation imo.

But it wont happen though.

Im secretly laughing my head off that Moyes playing 2 or 3 defensive midfielders every game is still leaking 2 goals a game.

I keep referring back to Kendall. I can't remember whether it was his second or third spell, but we were in a similar situation and he changed this to 4-3-3 with Nevin and Beagrie flanking Sharp. We went to United and won convincingly and we flew up the league. The way we're going, we'll lose the majority of games by the odd goal. We might as well go for it and risk losing by a couple. We're going to get a spanking, the way we're defending, before too long anyway.

Teams are starting to play 4-3-3 (United at Goodison and Newcastle today) against us, because they know that we're toothless in attack and if they get at us, they'll score. I'd love to see Bily as a left-sided striker (not winger) next to Saha, with Drenthe raiding down the right. Anything that Louis missed, Bily would mop up. We need more than one point of attack and we need to start attacking teams ourselves.

Don't see it myself. Wing forwards tend to be mobile, whether that's through dribbling or making runs into space, between fullback and centre half. Bilyaletdinov's a midfielder who plays infront of teams.

I think Saha could actually play that role from the right, cutting inside onto his left. Similar to Sturridge at Chelsea, who has similar qualities. It'd never happen though.

Today we can. That was a defeatist lineup if I ever saw one. No hope with that starting lineup. Absolutely terrible and that what we looked like in the first half.

My way of thinking also,rather get beat trying than get beat defensive the way we have been,our keeper and defence can't keep cean sheet anyway.So be more attack minded!

Don't see it myself. Wing forwards tend to be mobile, whether that's through dribbling or making runs into space, between fullback and centre half. Bilyaletdinov's a midfielder who plays infront of teams.

I think Saha could actually play that role from the right, cutting inside onto his left. Similar to Sturridge at Chelsea, who has similar qualities. It'd never happen though.

I'm convinced Bily's got goals in him. He's not an out and out striker, but get him as close as you can to the forwards and he'll put chances away.

Say that we did get Donovan on loan, Moyes would never play him and Drenthe in the same side. He'd rotate one for the other. It's so frustrating.

I keep referring back to Kendall. I can't remember whether it was his second or third spell, but we were in a similar situation and he changed this to 4-3-3 with Nevin and Beagrie flanking Sharp. We went to United and won convincingly and we flew up the league. The way we're going, we'll lose the majority of games by the odd goal. We might as well go for it and risk losing by a couple. We're going to get a spanking, the way we're defending, before too long anyway.

To be fair, all we have that can give us a spark are young players. Barkley, Gueye, Vellios, Drenthe.

IMO as we're out of ideas and anything creative, they should all play being covered by defensive players Moyes clearly loves.

Balls to wing-backs. Just let your creative attacking players attack with no restraints knowing they have cover behind them. Id even drop Cahill into centre midfield due to his workrate that we dont have in there.

Moyes has had chances to use Billy in Cahill role,Why pay all that fee nd not give him a run in proper position, negative starting to remind me of Walter

To be fair, all we have that can give us a spark are young players. Barkley, Gueye, Vellios, Drenthe.

IMO as we're out of ideas and anything creative, they should all play being covered by defensive players Moyes clearly loves.

Balls to wing-backs. Just let your creative attacking players attack with no restraints knowing they have cover behind them.

I think that Moyes says to one player 'you're our creator' and instructs everyone else to play defensively. I think it goes some way to explaining the purple patches of Arteta, Pienaar and Osman. They never all played as well as they can in the same side.

Vellios was apparently injured in the warm up today but, do you think he would have got on anyway, considering that Moyes didn't use Straq. He might not be ready to start games but, if he has a taste for goals, bring him on every week. ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.