Should we let them take him as we know they can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Sisland

Player Valuation: £5m
<With apologies to Dolly Parton for the thread title>

With money no object to Citteh in their quest to sign 'Jolene' Lescott, what would you let him go for?

I'll admit I'm against the idea of letting anyone go from a team that is finally beginning to fire on all four. But if money really is no object to them, what the hell? The transfer market will collapse next year anyway when it becomes apparent that the next round of TV bidding will not match the last, so why not cash in now. It's not as if he was exactly infallible during most of the first half of the season.
And with Baines playing well on the left and Joey Yobo about to return it isn't as if we are stuck for a decent defender.

I'd take Dunne, Ireland and Vassel plus £15m.

Regardless of the cash, that would be a massive blow to morale for the whole organisation. Man Utd's feeder club and now Man City's?

It'd be a brave decision to allow that one to happen, but we have the type of people in charge who would do it.

I'd sell for 20 million.

But considering we won't see a penny of it, i wouldn't sell.

Regardless of the cash, that would be a massive blow to morale for the whole organisation. Man Utd's feeder club and now Man City's?

It'd be a brave decision to allow that one to happen, but we have the type of people in charge who would do it.

But how much would United want for Rooney now?

I'm not going to say a fee, because I don't know other players would cost.

But the fact is, we have 3 top class centre backs and no good quick wingers or holding midfielders (and by holding midfielder I mean a proper ball winner, not a deep lying playmaker).

Hence the team could, potentially, gain more balance if we sold Lescott and bought the replacements.

Moyes presumably knows what winger/holding mid he would like if he had the cash - if I was in charge, I would ask their present clubs what they wanted for those two, and then tell City to stump up that much cash, plus one of their centre backs (Dunne, or even Onuoha).

I don't know how much that would cost, but it makes sense to arrange the incoming players in advance. Worst case scenario is we sell Lescott for £xm and then can't find anybody to buy. That can't be allowed to happen.

I wouldnt sell, if we had too, i would want anything from 30m-40m, even then we couldnt replace him, there really arent that many top CBs in the world, CBs that can play LB and can also chip in with goals, his value should reflect that.

Oh and Dunne is crap, quit it with him.

Lets face facts if they want him bad enough they will get him,money talks.If Joleon is offered wages that dwarf his current one he will go its not as if he was a childhood blue he has been a great player for us and I would not stand in his way if city offered 30 million and a playerlol

Regardless of the fact we have Yobo coming back from injury, if we have any aspirations of being a top club we need top cover in every position.

If Bill does decide to cash in though, no less than £25m (and that's £25m now. Not £10m now, £10m later and few million here and there in the future!

Citteh's owners have cash, they can pay now. Hence the thread.
I would not see making immediate profile signings as a priority. The best players can only be signed when they are avaialable. I'd rather have a couple of cheap n' risky 'Arteta's' who can give cover and may prove to be something special. The bulk of the cash can fill a hole in the overdraft, reduce interest payments and wait while prices drop and more interesting prospects become available.

Dunne I agree is nothing remarkable but he has developed into a dependable professional who can provide us cover in defence. At 29 and with unlimited cash available for a new defence at Eastlands he will surely be foaming at the gash for us to come in ahead of Wigan, Stoke or Hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.