• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should go for this guy:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42768739

Watford: Javi Gracia named head coach after sacking of Marco Silva

Watford have named Spaniard Javi Gracia as their new head coach after Marco Silva was sacked earlier on Sunday.

Gracia, who has signed an 18-month contract at Vicarage Road, has been out of work since leaving Russian club Rubin Kazan last June.

The 47-year-old previously spent two seasons with Spanish La Liga side Malaga, and also worked in Greece.

Gracia is the 10th manager to work under the Pozzo family at Premier League club Watford since 2012.

The Hornets said Everton's approach for Silva in November was the "catalyst" for their decision to sack him.

In other words he fluked a good first season and then walked away because he wasn't interested In building something or showing loyalty. Koeman had plenty of success in mediocre leagues to you know mate. The only club he built somthing beyond a first fluke season was Estoril and he only stayed their as long as he did because he didn't have somewhere better to be at the time. He's proven since that he's quite happy to leave his club at the first sniff of another coming in for him.

Ah mate, and here I was taking you seriously until you said this. Martinez style guff this. It would take a number of years for any manager no matter how good to deliver champions league here. Not a clown like Silva who's more suited to a relegation battle.
Showing loyalty. What loyalty is there in football. This is a business and these are the careers of real people. If a boyhood blue shows us no loyalty why would you expect a foreign manager?

He moved on because he got a better offer or was fired because the board suspected he was about to leave them.

I would recommend anyone in any career to do the same because if the roles are reversed the employer would show you none.

How long did it take Poch at Spurs to get CL?

Showing loyalty. What loyalty is there in football. This is a business and these are the careers of real people. If a boyhood blue shows us no loyalty why would you expect a foreign manager?

He moved on because he got a better offer or was fired because the board suspected he was about to leave them.

I would recommend anyone in any career to do the same because if the roles are reversed the employer would show you none.

How long did it take Poch at Spurs to get CL?
Don't expect devotion or any nonsense that but managers have to show at least some commitment to their clubs if they want any back. You mean the Spurs side who had already reached the champions league under Harry Redknapp once? The same spurs who built a really good side over a number of years yet would fall to pieces overnight if Harry Kane left them? You want to compare that Spurs side to our current one and think one transfer window (two if he takes over before this one is over) would have us competing for Champions league next season?!:Blink:

Don't expect devotion or any nonsense that but managers have to show at least some commitment to their clubs if they want any back. You mean the Spurs side who had already reached the champions league under Harry Redknapp once? The same spurs who built a really good side over a number of years yet would fall to pieces overnight if Harry Kane left them? You want to compare that Spurs side to our current one and think one transfer window (two if he takes over before this one is over) would have us competing for Champions league next season?!:Blink:
Spurs were below us when Poch took over.

Yes that Spurs team.

I said if he had the kind of success he had at previous clubs in europe he would get us CL. I didn't say he would for sure but we definitely have more chance with him than Big Sam or any other manager who has been mentioned that we can realistically get.

I get you dont like Martinez and for some reason you have lumped him in that bracket but say you are right was he really that bad? European run including topping a very hard group, semi finals, 5th place. For 18 months he did very very well, can you say the same for Koeman who was at best very average and Big Sam who hasn't even reached those heights.

Why is Martinez still the bogey man.

Get Silva in and let him bring Richayrson and Doncoure to send Bolasie to the bench and Schnerderlin out the door.

Think he's fantastic and I sincerely hope Moshiri is waiting to boot Sam by the end of the season and bring him in. Cant take much more of the dour football.

Maybe we should go for this guy:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42768739

Watford: Javi Gracia named head coach after sacking of Marco Silva

Watford have named Spaniard Javi Gracia as their new head coach after Marco Silva was sacked earlier on Sunday.

Gracia, who has signed an 18-month contract at Vicarage Road, has been out of work since leaving Russian club Rubin Kazan last June.

The 47-year-old previously spent two seasons with Spanish La Liga side Malaga, and also worked in Greece.

Gracia is the 10th manager to work under the Pozzo family at Premier League club Watford since 2012.

The Hornets said Everton's approach for Silva in November was the "catalyst" for their decision to sack him.

He's brilliant, managed to take Kazan to 9th/10th last year and has them in 11th this season, only a 16 team league mind you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.