Should the Lower Gwladys be all standing?

Who would you pick to play upfront for Everton?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of negative rep saying 'kopite' etc etc. Wow..

Okay, I definitely came across the wrong way by saying at the least the Kop stand up. But it wasn't me who brought them up and I don't care if all the other teams stand up, but I just said that because people were calling it stupid, but look at Spurs with their section of fans that stand up, creates a hell of an atmosphere. Was at City away in 24th September, we stood up all game and so did about half of the City fans in the stadium, again, creating a wonderful atmosphere. I was at Arsenal in December, our fans stood up as well as theirs behind the goal, quality banter and atmosphere. When we are away at a lower league club and everyone stands up it's a proper atmosphere. Then we have examples from Europe, but then that's different cultures etc so I'll stick to English comparisons. But I could go on forever.

I'm trying to help the atmosphere, and yes standing up does create a better atmosphere whether you like it or not, heck it's not like the lower gwladys has never stood up the whole game is it? I can recall a number of occasions of being in there near the front and standing for 90 mins, we all do it at away games and lets be honest, the atmosphere is shocking nowadays it really is, bar the cup games, which is where GT4 standing/singing area comes in.

And for the funny lids.... I did not say sitting down means you're a bad fan, I can't believe I'm typing that it's ridiculous. But people are quick to get on the teams back, "I paid so I'm entitled to my opinion" a.k.a "I went to watch so I can get on the teams back, boo, but yet sit down and do NOTHING to get behind the team" < all I have to say.

Anyway, thanks everyone that are willing to talk sense about it, not just those who agree with me.

To be fair at Stoke, Man City, Sunderland, West Brom and Tottenham (maybe others I dunno?) their standing section makes the atmosphere a lot better.

I think another way of improving our attendance would be to move the away section to the other end of the Bullens next to the Gwladys Street so both sets of fans could work off of eachother. But that'd probably cause more trouble.

Section off the little triangle bit inbetween the stands and at Half Time 50 each from set of fans goes into the triangle and fights till last man standing, the winner gets a goal.

Singing in the Park End? What next, orgies in a Catholic Church? Oh hang on...

No but seriously, the singing section would have to be in the Lower Gwladys because unfortunately that's the only place that creates a bit of noise these days.

Section off the little triangle bit inbetween the stands and at Half Time 50 each from set of fans goes into the triangle and fights till last man standing, the winner gets a goal.

No no no

They have a sing off

People saying they won't be able to see or kids can't see then why does everyone stand up when we get a chance or near the box?

People saying they won't be able to see or kids can't see then why does everyone stand up when we get a chance or near the box?

Because they don't give a **** about other people and it's human nature ? Just because people do it doesn't change the fact that little kids and oldies are screwed if they're behind anybody of a decent height.

When we score we'll all just sit down and cheer! incase people can't see the players celebrating.

To be fair at Stoke, Man City, Sunderland, West Brom and Tottenham (maybe others I dunno?) their standing section makes the atmosphere a lot better.

I think another way of improving our attendance would be to move the away section to the other end of the Bullens next to the Gwladys Street so both sets of fans could work off of eachother. But that'd probably cause more trouble.

Yes, that would be good!

Re having it in the Park End. It very nearly was done in the Park End. Having two would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.