Should the club loan the likes of Klaassen and Sandro to other Premier League clubs?

Who should we loan the likes of K;aassen and Sandro too?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ideal world a premier league club would be the best destination for them... but the current reality is that 8 points separate the bottom 11 clubs - we should be avoiding doing anything that might potentially strengthen one of the teams in the bottom half of the table.

..if they keep their teams up, the more chance we have of going down. I just can’t see the club allowing that to happen.
Eggs you are completely ignoring the effect they could have on the teams they play in and around the relegation zone. Newcastle, to continue with that example, still have to play the likes of West Brom, Bournemouth, Southampton, Palace, Watford and Huddersfield. Sandro or Klaassen helping those teams drop points would be directly helping us in the event we were drawn into the relegation battle.

Eggs you are completely ignoring the effect they could have on the teams they play in and around the relegation zone. Newcastle, to continue with that example, still have to play the likes of West Brom, Bournemouth, Southampton, Palace, Watford and Huddersfield. Sandro or Klaassen helping those teams drop points would be directly helping us in the event we were drawn into the relegation battle.

..I understand your point, Matey, but they will take points off each other anyway. Some will have already played each other twice. Anything we do to help those below us seems nonsensical to me. I just can’t see it happening.

..I understand your point, Matey, but they will take points off each other anyway. Some will have already played each other twice. Anything we do to help those below us seems nonsensical to me. I just can’t see it happening.

Yup, all you need to do is look at the affect Naismith/Niasse had on Norwich and Hull - a player doesn't need to go and score 10 goals to have an affect... a single goal in a single game could potentially have an affect - they're never going to take that risk (i hope)

I'm relatively confident we won't go down

With that in mind, selling Sandro and Klaassen might be the wrong move - we may (hopefully) have a new manager in the summer and for all we know whoever that might be may be able to get the best out of these two

Personally, I think a loan to a PL club might be a great idea - even if they don't eventually work out here, we're giving ourselves the best possible opportunity of getting the best out of them

You just know that if we sell them both, at least one of them will go somewhere else and do brilliantly

There's a lot said about incompetence at Everton in terms of management, recruitment, marketing etc.

Honestly feel that if the club allowed these players to temporarily move to a PL club that we are competing with (every club beneath us currently) that it would be the single most incompetent thing that they've done. This would be the case even if nothing negative came of it for the club... it's a risk that we just do not need to take.

There's a lot said about incompetence at Everton in terms of management, recruitment, marketing etc.

Honestly feel that if the club allowed these players to temporarily move to a PL club that we are competing with (every club beneath us currently) that it would be the single most incompetent thing that they've done. This would be the case even if nothing negative came of it for the club... it's a risk that we just do not need to take.

..absolutely.

Makes sense in so far as getting him off our wage bill. But I can't see him getting much game time given their midfield, and he is also cup tied for the EL. Can't see Napoli biting myself unless we were massively subsidising his wages, and then I can't see the point from our perspective.

Yeah. And see what happens.

We've gone through 3 managers in 1 season and none have fancied them.

But if they can turn up at West Ham, Swansea etc...puts them in the window or proves they can play in the prem

They both just need to play. We've basically just taken an entire season from them both if they don't leave this window. Let em go on loan for free for all I care. We'd be paying their wages if they stayed anyways.
Fair enough, but if we agree to that I'd want a guarantee that they play if fit.

Klaassen won't be getting much game time at Napoli mate. Their midfield is boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.