Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are sleepwalking into the Perfect Storm of relegation conditions at the minute;

A stubborn manager,
A very dodgy keeper
Chopping and changing the central defensive pair
Strikers bereft of confidence
Players feeling they are too good to roll their sleeves up for a fight.

I'm worried.

U
Totally ignore how changing managers worked out for Utd 12 months earlier.

I meant in this instance, getting rid of Martinez won't fix anything.

Utter nonsense

New man who can actually motivate the team would be a vast improvement

New manger who gets rid of this awful awful style of football which puts our back four under needless pressure

A new manger who sets a team up to play to Lukaku strengths

Sackings / resignings are messy and I'm not much in favour of them.

But this is beyond acceptable or understandable.

Get Royle in & some agricultural kicking performances and use the time before June to try and find someone decent prepared to put up with this stinking board.

Not 80/20 anymore, that stat says to me a lot of our fans expected better from the last 2 games, which considering our form, defence and all round lack of creativity (because our play is so slow we allow oppositions to re-group) is incredible.

I really had expected us to have started the turnaround by now post-Stoke.

Nonsense. This is all about players not giving a ****.

He needs to get a few in through the door and turf that centre of defence out for a kick off.

This has less to do with Martinez and more to do with players who aren't putting it in.

tumblr_mo013qA2eQ1r9adc1o1_500.gif

The Royle shouts until the end of the season are interesting.

Even then I'd be a bit scared as he's probably been infected with Martinez.

He should not be sacked, besides as said earlier in the week Kenwright is not that type of Chairman. I would think Martinez will be given at least another 12 months to progress his strategy.

It looks like 34 points will be sufficient to stay in the Premiership this year, so we are only 5 victories away from guaranteed safety, hence the fears of relegation are to me totally unfounded. Obviously our objectives at the beginning of the season were far higher than just survival but if the motivation in getting rid of Martinez is the fear of relegation, then I do not believe it is warranted.

We each have our own theories be it the players or the manager or both - for me, it's a lack of leadership on the pitch combined with individual errors and poor form that makes us currently easy pickings for even inferior teams. There's not a single player who is currently playing to their abilities, and crucially there's not a leader on the pitch. The nearest is Baines but with the best will in the world he's never going to be a Reid in the leadership stakes.

We have to keep the faith and keep supporting.

He should not be sacked, besides as said earlier in the week Kenwright is not that type of Chairman. I would think Martinez will be given at least another 12 months to progress his strategy.

It looks like 34 points will be sufficient to stay in the Premiership this year, so we are only 5 victories away from guaranteed safety, hence the fears of relegation are to me totally unfounded. Obviously our objectives at the beginning of the season were far higher than just survival but if the motivation in getting rid of Martinez is the fear of relegation, then I do not believe it is warranted.

We each have our own theories be it the players or the manager or both - for me, it's a lack of leadership on the pitch combined with individual errors and poor form that makes us currently easy pickings for even inferior teams. There's not a single player who is currently playing to their abilities, and crucially there's not a leader on the pitch. The nearest is Baines but with the best will in the world he's never going to be a Reid in the leadership stakes.

We have to keep the faith and keep supporting.

Thats lucky, half way through the season and how many wins do we have. Fingers crossed

Ive had a think.

I dont want him sacked, I realise its a dangerous game, but he doesnt become a bad manager overnight, he gave me hope last season, IMO hes currently getting shat on from a great height by 1 or 2 rotten apples in the squad who have poisoned the water.

Hes clearly not helping himself with his quite laughable team selections, back to basics Roberto, before its to late, buy 2 wingers ASAP.

How can you vote no ffs

We look to be getting worse against some of the worst sides in the league

We are awful at the back midfield and up top , players out of position, formation changing so much you can see they are unsure of there instructions

Baines and Naismith at CM ffs

If he would have come out today with a 451 to sure things up ,had us more direct looking for knock downs and most importantly the players fighting then I would say at least he's learning, he's trying to rectify the situation

Can't you for once just accept some have a different view from you? Every post you make has a pop at anyone who doesn't agree with your view of Martinez. We know you want him out. The poll is to give EVERYONE a view - not for everyone to agree with you. You may well be right, and you may equally be wrong. It's a forum for opinions not for ramming [Poor language removed] down people's throats. Give it a rest goading posters who have a different view.

It's very worrying. We're showing all the hallmarks of relegation fodder: no fight, poorly organised and we're struggling to score goals. Roberto took a lot of hammerings at Wigan and if City give us a good pasting it could put a lot of pressure on Kenwright to act.

I still think Martinez is the right man for the job but we can't afford to get sucked into a relegation battle. Three centrebacks made sense today so that we can afford to send Coleman and Baines forward without getting too exposed but Jags is just coming back from injury, Barry is out of position and is almost finished and Alcaraz has never looked comfortable. And then we're asking the inexperienced Besic to cover a lot of ground in midfield. A fully fit trio of Jags, Stones and Distin should handle it better. And McCarthy could handle being the anchor by himself.

We need to start keeping clean sheets and we need to start scrapping. Besic, Barry and McCarthy could potentially be our Dogs of War. If we start defending deeper it will give Lukaku the sort of space to run into that he enjoyed at West Brom and it should help to make Mirallas more effective too.

We've got the best squad that we've probably ever had and that's quite possibly made us over-confident. We've also had a lot of injuries. Important players from last season Barry and Distin now appear to be over the hill and this season's Player of the Year so far McCarthy has been a huge miss. We need to get back to basics and put an end to the losing streak. It doesn't matter if we park the bus against City. If we take a beating it will be very damaging for our confidence though.

You talk of Barry being almost finished, over the hill and the next moment you are putting him in the midfield as part of the Dogs of War scenario, seems a bit off that. BTW who gave Barry a 3 year contract, which means for some one almost finished and over the hill we are stuck with him. Also who the heck keeps selecting him ignoring the poor performances. We are leaking goals and not scoring, no plan to rectify this and you think RM is the right man and it will come round. The whole mess this season is one of his making and he appears to be incapable of change to stop the rot.

Either of two things.

Firstly that the players are not putting his tactics and plans into action and that is why they are rubbish and they better get their act together on be benched or moved on
OR
yes the players are putting his tactics into action and that must mean his tactics are utter dribble

Status
Not open for further replies.