Should Big Dunc stay as interim till summer?

Should we trust him till May?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It maybe on the spur of the moment but Yes for me
Players played out of their skins something not seen as far back as I can recall
If this is what was missing then why not

No way. A bit of passion and adrenaline will only get you so far. Unsy won his first game as well didn't he. How'd that pan out?

A life time coaching job ? really ? is that good for him ( shows no ambition ) or us ( shows no imagination) but I agree with the rest
Apparently Kovac has been at Goodison today and there is a bit in that .

What has it got to do with ambition? He openly admit not having the desire to manage and prefer a supporting role. I’m fine with that as we’ve seen today our disastrous season is because of Silva, not because big Dunc is a coach.

And who this world class manager, I want a manager who is a motivator and a mean aggressive manager like simone. No more European managers who dont have a clue.
100%.. we need a manager prowling the sidelines for 90 minutes aggressive as hell.. too many times we've let decisions go against us and not put up a fight, too soft/no nasty streak. Need to make home a cauldron again, no more managers shrugging shoulders and saying nowt
Exactly. Forgot these technical managers,

Jürgen isn't all that tactically, but look what his immense teeth and passionate personality has done for them. And Dunc's as blue as it's possible to be. Rhino was same except he couldn't translate that into wins. Dunc has shown he can, comfortably beating an in-form Chelsea no less while still keeping his men on their toes in-game.

Better choice than Moyes or Howe, neither of those could whip the crowd and players up like Dunc did today, I've questioned him being kept on as a coach for as long as has been, but the passion he showed today and the reception he got along with the result leaves me thinking that there's no rush now to get someone in, even if that means after the season.

Jürgen isn't all that tactically, but look what his immense teeth and passionate personality has done for them. And Dunc's as blue as it's possible to be. Rhino was same except he couldn't translate that into wins. Dunc has shown he can, comfortably beating an in-form Chelsea no less while still keeping his men on their toes in-game.
they've lost 3 of their last 4 games.

I certainty wouldn't be giving it to Moyes. That win today has gave the board more time to find a long term replacement and not just a interim. I'll have no problem with him being in charge next week against United if we haven't found a Manager by then.

Let’s not rush our choice and decision.
Let’s give dunc a few games to see what he can do , and if he does well then why not ?
What we know we will get from him at the minute is it’s someone who knows and loves the club , and it’s reciprocated back to him. He can motivate and be a focal point for players and fans to rally round.
He also gives a damn and nil satis nisi optimum will be his demand. He kicks every ball and feel every result , the same as the fans.

but we don’t know how his tactics are , his man management long term , his football philosophy , his ability to come back from upsets etc
We just don’t know , and need more games to find out.
But even on 1 result I’d take over the last 5 managers.

Better choice than Moyes or Howe, neither of those could whip the crowd and players up like Dunc did today, I've questioned him being kept on as a coach for as long as has been, but the passion he showed today and the reception he got along with the result leaves me thinking that there's no rush now to get someone in, even if that means after the season.

Exactly

If the choice is Dunc or Moyes then I would go Dunc. He will get the players playing. Imagine having to go to the manager's office to explain why you didn't put a shift in.

Status
Not open for further replies.