Should Benitez be sacked if we lose the Derby? POLL

Should the manager be sacked if we lose the Derby on Wednesday

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First 6 games before all the injuries he had us in the top half easily.

Since the injuries we have slumped.

Get the injured back and we progress again.

It isn't that hard to understand.

13 games into his contract and some aren't prepared to hand him a transfer window to get it right, so dont imply I'm the one being illogical.
He’s a kopite. Once a red always a red. Nothing but the best will do Liverpool according to you

I want him to stay. Just for the derby.
The r/s know which of our buttons to push and will chant his name, at the point he gives them a 'cheekly little wave', which he will, if you think you've seen Goodison as a bear pit, well, it's going to hit a new level. This was always going to happen.
If, big if, he had been seen to be doing something to change the situation over the last few games, he would have bought some time, he hasn't. He has followed every same step that has been winding us up for weeks, arrogantly.
We know he's limited by injuries, the small squad etc, an allowance for that is a given, but there has been no attempt to change anything. Whatsoever. Personnel, tactics or approach. Nothing.
Tbh I am past caring what happens to him, he should never have been given the job, ever. Recipe for disaster.
I'd prefer Kenwright et al to go first.
Everton aren't just slipping down the league, they're taking huge steps down my list of things to be concerned about, after 58 years.

Went with the cheese on toasted bread option as tbh I'm past caring now.

Does he deserve to be sacked? Yes, 100%. 1 win in 10 right now means he should go, the footy is dross and he hasn't got a clue.

That being said, does he deserve a window with some funding to give it a go? Yes. But I'm not sure he's going to get that in January.

He's not to blame for a lot of the issues at the club but he is an issue himself. He should never, ever have been appointed.

I think he should be sacked before the derby as we are 100% going to get beat and it is going be very toxic so why wait and willingly throw another 3 points. Don't get me wrong, not everything is on Benitez, far from it as he had no backing and has been really unlucky with injuries and i blame the players, DOF and board more than i blame the Manager. The fact is though that these players even though they are far from the greatest are capable of doing more than what they are and as the Manager that is on him but his stubborn streak and refusal to adapt and change is having a damning effect on the pitch and in the stands. What is it with these kin Managers that wont budge ffs.

Having said all that i doubt any Manager is capable of moving us forward without a massive shake up with the board and DOF happening but only Moshi can sort that and i am not even sure if he is bothered. All he seems to be bothered about is a new stadium even if it does end up being the best stadium a championship side has ever had.

Grim times again.

I mean Brentford was more of a benchmark than one of the best teams in the world.

Today was embarrassing, but if he’s not sacked in the morning (and I don’t think he will be), then he won’t be sacked after the derby, unless we lose 5-0

I mean Brentford was more of a benchmark than one of the best teams in the world.

Today was embarrassing, but if he’s not sacked in the morning (and I don’t think he will be), then he won’t be sacked after the derby, unless we lose 5-0

How was it embarrassing? Brentford have beaten Arsenal, West Ham and drawn with Liverpool.

We dominated the match but lost due to a penalty.

Firstly, its 'when' we lose the derby, not 'if.

Secondly, No. Didn't want him but now we have him, we need to stick by him. Its the players/recruitment which is the problem, not the manager.

Hey Mr K. Hypothetically speaking, if we lined up Bobby Martinez as a replacement how would you feel about it? Top class manager, knows the club and league, kept us comfortably mid table with a patchy squad previously, well liked by the fans etc.
Devastated if Martinez came back. I think that would be the final straw for me for a while. He was terrible and certainly isn’t a top class manager.

Someone in power should ask him tonight what he is going to do to change things.

If the answer is "nothing" or is otherwise not sufficient, he should be sacked. The stubbornness he's shown during this run is horrific, and to be honest I don't even think its guaranteed that DCL gets back in to the team at this point because Benitez would have to change play back to how had been at the start of the season (and it would be highlighted how wrong he was).

Don’t be silly. DCL starts when fit and Rondon gets the last ten mins. That what he was bought for.

I have no doubt that we will lose to the rs on Wednesday. However we can't keep changing managers, that is the road to ruin. He has to be given time to get his players in and hopefully get something like a fully fit squad out there. He gets to at least the end of the season I think.

How was it embarrassing? Brentford have beaten Arsenal, West Ham and drawn with Liverpool.

We dominated the match but lost due to a penalty.
Did you watch it? The engagement isn’t the opposition we play, it’s the amateur way we approach every game. We’re in serious trouble this season

Status
Not open for further replies.