Shocking Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
the fact of the matter is, they're not trained well enough to be in charge of games which potentially have millions of pounds resting on them. some ex players should take the blame as well, when do you ever see an ex player giving back to the sport which made them famous. ...oh yeah i saw martin keown do a training session on football focus - not good enough. it is a really hard job for them, especially when they are being conned by the abundance of cheating that goes on. i.e. suarez, it is pretty hard to tell in real time whether what he does is intentional or not. The fact he does it every game now should be pointed out that it is on purpose. anyway, i've vented my frustration after the norwich match, but really our "proffesional" goalkeeper should have come and claimed that dubious 40 yard free kick and not make it seem like an issue. we've definitely had our fair share of bad calls against us and it certainly won't be evened out over the season. personally moyes has been way too quiet on the situation during his tenure and it has always cost us - sadly this is the way football has gone

bad decisions also affect the morale and concentration of the players - because it occupies their minds for some time - like thinking what could have been - leads to frustration and indiscretion especially if only your fouls are punished consistantly - aiding poor play and contributing to our downfall -
the standard of refereeing in the PL needs to be addressed urgently accross the board and technology must be introduced to help refs making tough match changing decisions because it does not seem as though they are coping with the modern fast game full of confidence tricksters - post match disiplinary action should be implemented based on proper evidence - surely no-one can object to that - for justice to be done it must be seen to be done

Some biased son' bitch I'm sure.

KONSPRICEEEEE

Your right.. at least a dozen game changing decisions.. that even you agree with... in as many games, is in fact not bad refereeing its an agenda driven kopite like conspiracy.
I apologise and will instead turn to laying into the players for not getting 3 points by scoring several more goals than the opposition, rather than making up facts using video and gif's of the events, about bad refereeing.. Ref's who of course should be exempt from criticism because the game is too quick for them, despite it being slow enough against every other team to of given less poor decisions (not my judgement, just going by that panel of judges).
Or no conspiracy, no one is saying they are against us, just that we are losing lots of points because of them.. not exactly conspiracy material..
Best to blame the players though.. So I will join you.
FFs Howard making Anichebe's goal invisible to the linesman.. Baines I thought you were great until Suarez stayed on the pitch after stamping on Distin and don't even get me started on Fellaini for that time he stopped Jelavic getting a penalty by not being anywhere near the event.. What a ****e team we've got, get everything we deserve etc..

dbr&g:

Mate I know what your saying.
Lets put it another way.
Ref's have a hard job, they make bad calls, its inevitable.. This season they have made 14 seriously bad calls against us.. in 12 games. That's a ridiculously high amount and combined with certain posters responses made me question whether these decisions were correct.. They were not.
This lack of correct decisions is fine by you and you seem to happily dismiss them blaming pace of the game in a way that almost makes it sound like its all guesswork.. I disagree I think decent linesmen make tougher decisions than a lot of those listed on a very regular basis.
What annoyed me though in this thread and got me posting were those who were slating the players for not doing well enough to beat the teams by more than one goal, the logic being this was needed because one goal was constantly being taken away from us, it was in fact more the fault of the players for not winning by 2 or more than the referee's. This is simply wrong. The rest has been natural discussion progression rather than a deep seated hatred of the officiating.
But if you don't mind that we have dropped a ****load of points through refereeing decisions then cool, but it annoys me, and it annoys me that the players are taking the grief for it.
It also annoys me that we should be much higher up the league than even 5th and if you don't care or think its acceptable and fine then like you I don't know what to say that won't come across as insulting.
To me it's like being a boxer, winning all 12 rounds and the judges claiming you lose, then someone saying you havn't been good enough because you should of won those rounds more conclusively rather than just winning them, and that the punches were so quick its hard to judge how many actually landed.
Would that not annoy you? If not why not?

Because its fun and you keep posting

I've never said anything about its our players fault for not scoring enough or anythikng like that, i understand your frusration at that, its just one of several factors that have gone towards our results this season.

But as i keep trying to explain and you seem to be missing, yes we might be able to look back at these incidents after the game using slow mo replays and say they were wrong decisions, and i'm not happy about it obviously but i can accept the reasons why officials make the decisions they do and quite frankly i see most of the decisions against us as simply bad luck becasue its impossible for human beings to accurately make decisions.

Its all very well complaining about wrong decisions but you need to understand why they're made wrong. And its not because officials are ****. When they make the right calls its often just as much guesswork as when they make bad calls.

They need help but until they get it you have to accept they make mistakes and when they go against us there is nothing we can do. Well except put more pressure on them even if we don't want to see that.

Usually, I wouldn't hit 'reply with quote' with one of this length, but I want to offer an opinion about this - 'Suarez stayed on the pitch because the ref wasn't sure enough if the stamps were deliberate stamps .....'
I've made this point before on this forum, and I'll make it again. Suarez shortened his stride to about half the length of his previous one to stamp on Mirrallas. That can only be intentional. Go out and sprint as fast as you can for even three steps and
see what I mean. It wasn't hard to see and at least two of the four of the officials must have seen it.
While I'm here I was surprised that it was only mentioned by one or two in the media that Coates had climbed all over Jagielka
to get to the ball he headed to Suarez. I saw the same thing this week when Villa scored a late winner against Reading, was it?
There was no mention of it in the commentary and I was beginning to wonder whether I was wrong and you are allowed to pull yourself up on an opponents shoulders to get to the ball. But then there was the debate and argument put that Baines did, in fact, put his hands on the Norwich players back when they got the free which led to their goal. And yes, he did, but the contact was very light. What we need here, is some bloody consistancy.

As i'm trying to say, the view of the Suarez stamps isn't my view, its an explanation of why, in real time with 1 view of it a ref would not have deemed it a deliverate stamp and dished out a card. Even at slow mo no one can tell for sure if their was intent even though it does look suspicious so its just wrong to expect a ref to be certain enough to call it. Or maybe he just did see it as accidental.

thought the ref was pretty decent today, that penalty was a bit soft. was it a foul? sure. but you see that 10 times a match in the box, to give that one was just daft.

Good decision for the penalty, its about time refs started clamping down on pulls in the area.

It's the right decision for the penalty even if they don't usually get given. He then leaned towards us in the second half if we're being honest.

Havent seen it.

But as somebody else said, it happens EVERY single corner 10 times a match.

I bet we dont see another 1 for the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.