Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i could be wrong but i believe the last goal we scored from a direct free was against lincoln in the cup on 28th August 2019 - 4 years ago

you'd have thought that this issue would have been sorted by now

It can't get sorted if we continue to sign crap players. Crap players very rarely score from free kicks hence we very VERY rarely score them

Ward prowse will be signing of the transfer window

If we'd have signed him, I can guarantee his first free kick would have hit the wall, rebounded back into his face, broken his nose, partially blinded him where he stumbles off the pitch, rolls both ankles and does irreparable ankle ligament damage to both ankles. Whilst all this happens, Fulham would have gone down the other end on a counter and put themselves 1 up anyway.

Why is everyone going on about the ref redrawing the line. It was for us as you cannot stand within a metre of the wall. End of. Nothing wrong there. The ref and var were still rubbish tho. Blatant pen for handball and foul on Bransthwaite. Sorry but i cannot give Danjuma MoM cos he cost us 3 points today. 4 agianst 2 and all he had to do was lay it to Beto and it was 2 - 0. I think that would have been the game over. Some of our decisions with the final pass in the first half were criminal but Danjumas was the worst. Still think we ll be comfortably safe FFP not withstanding.
Because it was completely baffling what his intentions were, he failed to prevent them from encroaching, and it’s almost certain we will not see such a cock up again.
Quite simple really.

I watched a replay of the 2nd half this morning as I didn’t see the game yesterday. I honestly think we looked more in control of the game than Sheffield but for all the decent build up we’ve got to be better around the box. Branthwaite looked really good. I didn’t really get the hate for Patterson if I’m honest. I thought he looked good on the ball there wasn’t much coming on his side more on the other side. He will improve if we show some patience with the lad. Beto showed some great touches and didn’t quite get a break but looks a great addition aswell as Danjuma.

We have conceded from the left hand side a number of times already this season. Thought we were solid last season with Myko & McNeil. Hope Dyche doesn’t get fixated on keeping Young in the side.

Couldn't watch the game but saw highlights of the goals.

What's the general feeling now then? on the face of it, we're a team that's generally performing better than the first 4 results suggest.

Anyone reckon we'll actually be alright?

Yes the 2nd line was re drawn for us but the sheff utd players stepped up to that line and were well ahead of their line
Exaggeration there i think. They were over their line but their heels were still on it so hardly stepping up to it. Semantics i know. How come nobody has mentioned the crap freekick and the pen for undressing Branthwaite?

What's the general feeling now then? on the face of it, we're a team that's generally performing better than the first 4 results suggest.

Tend to agree but points on the board is the only thing that matters (right now at least)
If Dyche doesn’t reverse this habit of playing well enough to win but ultimately not doing so he’ll be out on his ear.
Only reason he’s employed as our manager is as a safe pair of hands to ensure prem survival.
I think the expectation was he should be able to do that comfortably with our squad (compared to his squad at Burnley) but so far he seems to be turning us into Burnley, ie strugglers who will do well to stay in the league.

Last edited:

Yes the 2nd line was re drawn for us but the sheff utd players stepped up to that line and were well ahead of their line

Because it was completely baffling what his intentions were, he failed to prevent them from encroaching, and it’s almost certain we will not see such a cock up again.
Quite simple really.
Not baffling to me. He failed to stop them encroaching yes. Think we ll see that again dont you. Drawing our players line is hardly baffling.

Just going be another long season, hopefully after break we can get most players back fit

Not baffling to me. He failed to stop them encroaching yes. Think we ll see that again dont you. Drawing our players line is hardly baffling.
Well it was baffling to to our bench and players, also the opposition who seem to think it was for them and moved further forward.
We’ll refer to your interpretation in future though Dermot, being as you have such clarity on these matters.
Look forward to next time two lines are drawn for a free kick, incidentally can you reference another time that has been done given how much of a normal practice it is?

Exaggeration there i think. They were over their line but their heels were still on it so hardly stepping up to it. Semantics i know. How come nobody has mentioned the crap freekick and the pen for undressing Branthwaite?
Watch again they step up to that second line after the ref leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.