Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graeme Sharp scores Everton’s third goal in their 4-0 win against Sheffield United in this Football League Cup second round, second leg tie played on the 10th October 1984 at Goodison Park.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH SHEFF UTD P/C

Injury blow

Ancelotti says Delph, Mina and Holgate will all miss the rest of the season

European football
"I have an opinion about the squad. The opinion of the squad is pretty clear at this moment but we want to try and improve for next season

Transfers
The board is going to support me and the team. We have the same idea that the team has to improve
At this moment we are looking at players with the quality to improve the squad next season. When the season is finished we will talk together and find the best solution for this

Moise Kean
He will be our player next season.
It is a possibility he could start from the beginning
Moise Kean has learnt the environment we have here at this club. It takes time and he's really young but he has potential and a lot of quality.

Hojbjerg update
I am not able to give other indication. To talk about players from another team is not fair. I would not be happy if a manager from another team talks about my players.

Fans back
I hope the crowd will be the next season with us
It will be fantastic news. Football without supporters is not football that we want to see.

Sheffield United
They did really well this season. Chris did a fantastic job with his team and the players followed him.
It can be a good example to follow. They are playing really well. Not only a physical team but a team that has a clear idea to attack -
you can see they are training together.
We won't to improve the attacking display that has not been so good.

Area to improve
We have to have more confidence when we play away. We won some games but some other games we are not good enough
We have to jump. We have to move forward and try to be better next season

Branthwaite
Mina and Holgate are two important players but we have a chance to give an opportunity to Branthwaite. He is very young but he is showing in his play he has personality and concentration. He can be a really good player
Against Aston Villa he did really well, considering the fact he is really young

Kieran Dowell
He is doing really well. We are looking for his position and all of the position of the players on loan, at the end of the season.
After that we will take a decision

Pre-season
It is important. It is always important. We are not going to have a proper pre-season because the time will be short.

Behind closed doors
It was difficult for all players to play in a different atmosphere. In the last few games all the players improved [physically].
You don't need to train when you are playing matches [so often].

Sheffield United's back three
When I was here 10 years ago most of the teams played with four players at the back but now there is evolution.
My best scenario is that we beat [them]. This is what I'm going to work for the future, not only one identity but to have different identities in the same game

Carlo Ancelotti
I think that my best scenario is to have a team with not only one identity. This is what I'm going to work for the future

I'm seeing it as a positive that Branthwaite is being given two opportunities to start Premier League matches.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Branthwaite Digne
Walcott Gomes Davies Gordon
DCL Richarlison​

Like Villa they've got something to fight for, unlike Villa they can actually play a bit.

If the Blades have been re-motivated after their Leicester disappointment, we could be on the wrong end of good showing.

I expect nothing other than limp wrists and lethargy from the boys in blue.

3 nil kean, branthwaite and a Davies 30yard screamer. I've really got to stop drinking in the afternoons.

When you look at the players we will have on the pitch it is extremely difficult to see us getting anything from this fixture if we are being brutally honest. Sheffield have a well rehearsed style of play, they are physical in their approach and they have something to play for. These are all the things that yo don’t want to see in an opponent for us at the moment.
I had hoped to see a reaction in the Villa game and it wasn’t there, hard to believe we will see it in the penultimate game. Just need to see the back of this season and hope Carlo is right when he says the board is going to back him and bring in some quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.