Sheedy on Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Sheedy has a rep for this kind of thing...correct me if wrong...so if he felt strongly enough to do this now for whatever reason then fair enough.

However its not the kind of behaviour youd want to see regularly from the staff.

Kid at end of our St told me this when I asked him about Roberto, his mum said that he'd gone in to watch all of the kids and also speak to the parents, said he'd been there 5 years and had more contact with Roberto in 1st month than he did in 5 years with Moyes.

Said basically that Moyes showed no interest in them whatsoever.

Good on Ya Sheeds if you have said this.

BTW
When folk have have got through something life threatening they often come out of it with a different mindset and very often don't hold back any more, Sheeds worked with kids that proved themselves and were then often ignored & moved on/released. A KICK IN THE TEETH FOR THE KID AND THOSE THAT HAVE PUT IN THE GRAFT WITH THEM, there's probably a couple of them in Sheeds' mind that he feels should definitely have been given the opportunity.

Must have killed Sheedy listening to the wider footballing world praise Moyes for bringing young players through at Everton. Another Moyes Myth debunked, but hey, he used to stay at Finch Farm until 4pm some days, the workaholic.

Spot on. I reckon that's what has driven this. I remember when United were bigging up Moyes after appointing him, going on about how he brings youth through and gives them a chance. This was after a season of playing Phil Neville in centre midfield instead of Ross Barkley.

If you're Sheedy and you're the one really doing all the work with the kids, and Moyes is suddenly getting credit for stuff a) he had nothing to do with, and b ) had no interest in, it must have really annoyed him.

he could of done this alot more subtely in a proper interview, doing it on twitter makes him look a silly
That's the problem with twitter.

Sat at home watching the match, having a bevvie, and engaging in a convo with a few people, he's said a couple of things that he'd no doubt tell you in the alehouse, but he's done it via a global medium and it's made it National news. Naïve, nothing more. He obviously meant it like...

BTW
When folk have have got through something life threatening they often come out of it with a different mindset and very often don't hold back any more, Sheeds worked with kids that proved themselves and were then often ignored & moved on/released. A KICK IN THE TEETH FOR THE KID AND THOSE THAT HAVE PUT IN THE GRAFT WITH THEM, there's probably a couple of them in Sheeds' mind that he feels should definitely have been given the opportunity.

Fair shout, but how many have kicked on and proved Moyes wrong?

Football is a game where the margin between success and failure can be extremely marginal. Getting released from the academy at 18 could ruin any chance of a decent career blossoming.

Ross Barkley wouldn't have succeeded under Moyes.

I also think this was in part driven by the news yesterday that former Everton youth team plater Adam Forshaw has just been named League 1 Player of the Year.

Forshaw was a player that Sheedy worked with closely, and that Moyes saw nothing in, and released him for nothing.

This is also linked to an anecdotal story about the famous BATE Borisov Europa League dead rubber game at Goodison in December 2009, when Moyes played the youth team (Forshaw was a part of this) and afterwards supposedly ranted about how the club had nothing good coming through the ranks.

That same game also featured Shkodran Mustafi, another player Moyes saw nothing in and released for nothing, and who has now just been called up into the Germany national squad after impressed for Sampdoria in Serie A.

There was a real disconnect between and Moyes and the youth set up at Everton, and clearly a lot of bitterness and resentment.

Not as many as were stagnated on his bench every week without ever getting the opportunity at the age were they needed to be playing, setting them back a couple of years if not more. He only started giving Rodwell game time after he'd nullified him, imo that's why Ross never used to get on, far too forward thinking with his driving runs, if they didn't look to pass sideways or backwards to Neville then their chance was taken back off them.

Adam Forshaw - impressive for Brentford, and yesterday named League 1 Player of the Year.
Shkodran Mustafi - impressive for Sampdoria in Serie A, and just been called up into the Germany national squad.

Both released for nothing by Moyes.

John Ruddy - 3rd choice keeper at Everton, sold to Norwich, became a Premier League keeper and probably going to the World Cup with England.
Ross Barkley - couldn't get a game under Moyes. Now on the verge of the England World Cup squad.

There's 4 names, 3 of which needlessly discarded.

bloody hell, what did Moyes do to Sheedy?

Disappointingly unprofessional.

Was Sheeds bevvied when he did this? Not on twitter - was it loads of tweets together or just a series of things the papers have just picked up on?

Those tweets sound like he was either hacked or smashed.

I thought smashed too.

I thought it might be the kind of thing that someone writes when they've had a few, but then again there's another possibility:

Someone's asking Sheedy if he will be doing any book-signings soon. I think Sheedy's trying to generate a bit of publicity.
https://twitter.com/CollinsEFC/status/443364501854109696

Coleman obv got the game time, Stones would've as well

BOTH DEFENDERS, the making of Seamus was Moyes going though imo and was evident in the game against England when with the shackles off the whole country got to see what he could do.

This does Everton no harm whatsoever
There's a lot of people out there who are only waking up to the idea that Everton are NOT David Moyes FC
Why should he get credit where it's not due? No point in being nice, we have an image to restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.