Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting if Wolves "do a Burnley" following their early July start and finish up wrecking their chances of a top 6 finish next season. I do not know how big their squad is or its depth of talent. We or rather they shall find out.
Talking to a Wolves fan, and he reckons their best 11 is very good, and they've got a decentish bench of subs, but after that nothing much. I don't know if they're set up for Europe next year. I suspect for all their talk before hand, they didn't expect to get 7th straight away. In their position, I'd enjoy Europe but concentrate on the league in order not to do a Burnley. In fact if I was a Wolves fan, I'd try strengthening up with the league in mind rather than their impact in European competition. (Though of course if they're better players, they should be better in Europe too.)

Talking to a Wolves fan, and he reckons their best 11 is very good, and they've got a decentish bench of subs, but after that nothing much. I don't know if they're set up for Europe next year. I suspect for all their talk before hand, they didn't expect to get 7th straight away. In their position, I'd enjoy Europe but concentrate on the league in order not to do a Burnley. In fact if I was a Wolves fan, I'd try strengthening up with the league in mind rather than their impact in European competition. (Though of course if they're better players, they should be better in Europe too.)
Often a fan of a club is the last place to go for an opinion on how good the team is.

If Wolves can sign a few decent players to their squad and plan their pre season fixtures around the Europa league qualifiers then they could do well. The problem for them will be because they haven't had European football recently their coefficient ranking will be low so if they get to the 4th qualifying round they could end up playing a team like Burnley did v Olympiakos

I’m look8ng for top 6 in 2019/20. Should be our target. Mostly likely finishin* position is 7th though
I have predicted us to end 6th this season,the highest ive done for quite a while,i have never been one of these people to go overboard saying top 4 etc just because of who we may have signed etc,as it will probably go in stages how we reach the higher places and need to learn to win a certain amount of games in a row instead of 1 and the odd 2 with the rare 3s etc,plus win 2 away games in a row and so on,then i would be more confident of been higher

Big question marks over United, Arsenal and Chelsea, so may be there's an opportunity there?

3 top 6 clubs with questions marks over them, this is why its so great we didnt get stuck in the Europa league, we can have a serious crack at coming above them, if all 3 are possibly questionable, that means 4th is open, and we know what riches that can bring. At the very least 5th is reachable, which would be great.
Silva is a genius, keeping the players tools down, until 7th was beyond us, ending the season on a high so were all happy, amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.