Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like 7th has pretty much gone and plenty are pleased we won't be in Europe next season but have these ever thought that our players and manager may actually want to be in Europe? It seems reading across quite a few sites that the main consideration to many of the blues who didn't want us to be in the Europa League was these types just didn't want more Sunday Premier League games, which by now they should be used to anyway.

And if you look at other examples it didn't affect their league place at all. The idea that Europa would distract from the league is a myth with zero evidence behind it. It's about building a team well or poorly. Burnley added no one. We made all the wrong acquisitions.

Weather it’s a distraction or not , and I agree that I do t think it is . It’s one we have to accept and deal with. So we don’t want Europa because it distracts us in the league ( which we can’t win) and we hope to get CL ( which is unlikely to say the least) then if we ever did get CL we would have the same problem as Europa .

I dont think this done, Spurs should beat Bournemouth, meaning they are sorted for top 4. If they do make the CL final they might not go full strength last day, we could get a result there.
Also, as much as we don't want it, can't see Liverpool going out with anything other then a home win against Wolves, but can Fulham get something, that's the stumbling block.

We will know our fate today. If Wolves don't win their game, it's pretty much on. They play Liverpool in their last game. Leicester is also highly unlikely to win both their games against Man City and Chelsea. Come on Fulham, let's get at least a draw for us!

When we can't beat teams that we should, then hoping Fulham do us a favour is really missing the point of earning a place in EU.

We had our chance to get this by beating Fulham and we messed up. I wouldn’t expect us to beat Spurs away anyway if the opportunity opened up again. We’ve not been good enough for 7th whereas Wolves have been consistent all season.

Would still be nice if it went to the last game of the season, even though we know it'll end up in disappointment as always

Status
Not open for further replies.