Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their owners will invest.
Maybe they will , but to what degree
Even Chelsea / Arsenal struggle at times with Thurs / Sunday
Wolves will need 6/7 new first team ready players for next season to compete on both fronts if they get Europe which is not guaranteed
They have lost twice to Huddersfield, and Fulham are on a mini run so anything can happen

Maybe they will , but to what degree
Even Chelsea / Arsenal struggle at times with Thurs / Sunday
Wolves will need 6/7 new first team ready players for next season to compete on both fronts if they get Europe which is not guaranteed
They have lost twice to Huddersfield, and Fulham are on a mini run so anything can happen

Speaking to a Wolves fan and they say their squad is very small and he thinks they could struggle with the demands of European football. That said, he's very excited about the prospect and already talking of saving up for it.

If they do falter and Everton take the EL spot maybe the answer is not to send as many of the younger/fringe players out on loan? They could bulk out the squad sufficiently to ease the burden of the early qualifying games and make sure that first team players aren't tired once the season starts in earnest?

Completely fine not going to Europa qualifying next year because then you have to play all the players you’re trying to sell. Then when they’re crap and Everton go out early to Gxrgrszrgzggrssrspon, you not only don’t qualify, but everyone sees they’re still crap and lowballs you on offers.

Completely fine not going to Europa qualifying next year because then you have to play all the players you’re trying to sell. Then when they’re crap and Everton go out early to Gxrgrszrgzggrssrspon, you not only don’t qualify, but everyone sees they’re still crap and lowballs you on offers.
Gxrgrszrgzggrssrspon is bottom half of their league. They're not going to be in EL, qualifying or otherwise.

I don't see why top 6 is beyond us next season. In fact,.if we keep our star players and add at least one proven striker (Callum Wiison and/or Mitrovic would do for me) and continue to play like we are now, i can see only the current top 2 probably finishing above us.

There's no way. Our central midfield is mediocre and doesn't even allow Silva to play his proper tactics. If Gana ever got hurt we have a bottom 1/3 midfield. We have zero impact players off the bench and no depth. Our right back options are limited and not proper for our tactics. We have no backup keeper.

We aren't there, yet. These team are going to invest more money and while they might screw up, they won't screw up THAT badly.

And if you look at other examples it didn't affect their league place at all. The idea that Europa would distract from the league is a myth with zero evidence behind it. It's about building a team well or poorly. Burnley added no one. We made all the wrong acquisitions.

I agree wholeheartedly. I thought Spurs used the Europa League well, they didn't win it, but they not only maintained but improved their league form and used it as a springboard. I'm sure they regarded it as positive overall.

You can argue that next season isn't the right time to contend with Europe, and that we would benefit by being able to concentrate on the league, but any club can say that at any time. I think many fans are burned by the last campaign and I understand that, but I'm disappointed that qualification seems unlikely now.

We should relish European football. Sooner or later we have to get to grips with being able to manage on multiple fronts, if we can't then what's the point of all this.

There's no way. Our central midfield is mediocre and doesn't even allow Silva to play his proper tactics. If Gana ever got hurt we have a bottom 1/3 midfield. We have zero impact players off the bench and no depth. Our right back options are limited and not proper for our tactics. We have no backup keeper.

We aren't there, yet. These team are going to invest more money and while they might screw up, they won't screw up THAT badly.
What I meant was only the top 2 seem to maintain their consistency throughout the season, therefore putting them beyond us.

Status
Not open for further replies.