Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
is 10th acceptable?
It is, if it means not getting europa etc for some lol,any place below 7th will make people happy,as for now 7th or maybe 6th is the very best i think we may get,people went overboard saying we could get top 4 or top 5 etc i think,

I can see 7th going to Wolves or Leicester. Not being in European competition this season didn't stop us getting top quality players last summer so, despite prefering us to finish 7th, the silver lining would be the ability to concentrate on the domestic treble.

It is, if it means not getting europa etc for some lol,any place below 7th will make people happy,as for now 7th or maybe 6th is the very best i think we may get,people went overboard saying we could get top 4 or top 5 etc i think,
I don't see why top 6 is beyond us next season. In fact,.if we keep our star players and add at least one proven striker (Callum Wiison and/or Mitrovic would do for me) and continue to play like we are now, i can see only the current top 2 probably finishing above us.

I think next season will be interesting. Arsenal and United are in a very strange situation and Chelsea have that transfer ban... I was listening to the guardian podcast and they made the point us and wolves could essentially change it to a top 8 if we’re managed properly and make clever signings

Just seen the score, arsenal can p off next season with the helping hands they've given all our top 7 rivals in recent weeks. We play them off the park and they should be responding, but they're getting worse and worse. Bunch of bottlers that club has turned up over the last few years.

Exactly what I came here to post. It's the ideal situation really, we've started to look like a proper side in the last couple of months and with really good business in the summer we could be flying early on next season. Europa would probably be too much too soon.
These

Spot on, both of you... My thoughts exactly! ;)

As ever the counter argument is flying early on next season to do what? challenge for the Europa league places?

Remember that we are lucky its probably going to 7th this season anyway, we could have a really good season next year, finish 6th, miss out on 5th by a point and miss out on the europa league then as well.

You need to take your chances when they present themselves.

Also if people are more concerned with the cups its worth noting that you get a bye in the league cup due to Europe.

be odd next season

arsenal in my opinion only have 3 "class" players, the 2 strikers and ramsey, ramsey is gone in the summer and can see the other 2 getting whingey if they are playing in the Europa again, definitely aubaymang as he should be playing for one of the best clubs

united- they'll be better next season I think, just need a whole new defence but they'll spend money like they always do

Chelsea- hazard will go and they might not be able to replace him, add to the fact their manager is a plant pot think they will struggle massively

realistically think we can challenge for the top 6 if we make the right signings again ( a striker and RB are an absolute must though )

That's because our level diminished last season and this season, New manager /players etcetera had to bed in. Wolves have done very well I'll admit, they have their own super agent on board, which has helped and the same manager, settled team on board, which again has helped. We will be better next year and I am quite confident, will finish above Wolves next year.
Mendes is using Wolves as a shop window
Don’t be surprised is Neves and Jota move on this summer

It’s about club perception. Wolves are now viewed as a more capable club than Everton.

We’re slipping behind yet another club right before our eyes.

We won’t do anything next season, because failure, and acceptance of it, is ingrained within this club.

There is no pressure for success, therefore we never achieve it.
I know midway through the season Wolves had used the least amount of players and had the most games with an unchanged side
Their squad size and depth will be sorely tested if they get Europe

[/QUOTE] Wolves have been riding a wave and will almost certainly fall back next season unless they invest extremely well.
[/QUOTE]

Certainly will if they have to compete in the "Thursday Evening League"

Status
Not open for further replies.