Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt Watford had the best chance but looking at the fixtures. Maybe not somuch.

Bare in mind Watford will likely rest players last game against season for cup final.
would still fancy watford to beat all bar chelsea,no matter about the final myself, watford seem to be a team that think about the next game and not a week or so ahead

Felt Watford had the best chance but looking at the fixtures. Maybe not somuch.

Bare in mind Watford will likely rest players last game against season for cup final.
True.
Our goal difference is a big one as well.

The Watford v Wolves match on Saturday is a massive game now (never thought I’d ever say that!) lol

We have the best run in and if Spurs reach the CL final they might rest a few. While i dont really want Europa I hope we win or least get 7 points from the last few games and let nature take its course

We have the best run in and if Spurs reach the CL final they might rest a few. While i dont really want Europa I hope we win or least get 7 points from the last few games and let nature take its course
champions league final is like 3 weeks after season ended,cant see them resting players with 3 weeks gap-just as likely to get injured in training as they are in the game

Are you saying that there's actual evidence that proves it does not hurt a team's ability to compete in the league? Or are you just saying there's no real evidence either way? Because there's certainly evidence in basketball that playing more often leads to reduced performance and increased chance of injury. I'm not sure why football would be different. And while it's only anecdotal, we've sure looked better this season when we only played once a week.
Not to be a jerk, but I think I stated it pretty clearly.

Playing more increases chances of injury. That's simple logic. But there are benefits as well - many.

The point is that if you go back and look at all the teams that have qualified for Europa, you are going to see just as many teams that improved their position as that did not.

True.
Our goal difference is a big one as well.

The Watford v Wolves match on Saturday is a massive game now (never thought I’d ever say that!) lol
Yeah, Im really hoping Wolves wins that. If they do, it means Watford will have to beat Chelsea, or Man City, and I dont think they are capable of either.

Status
Not open for further replies.