Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
The struggles of playing in the Europa are well documented and it does have an effect on a sides season if the people in charge don't do the groundwork required. Fact is if we qualify we have the whole of the summer to get the required players in so we can properly rotate and keep everybody fresh.

It might start off a bit turd but as soon as the fat is trimmed the Europa league is boss, it's a top competition that I'd love to see us do well in and we are the exact sort of side that should be targeting it.
We we're totally under prepared the last time under koeman the preseason preparations where at best shambolic ,I would expect the preparations to be miles better this time around if we managed to get the Europa spot .

All the talk about getting Europa would be made pointless if Watford win the FA Cup remember.
Yep,and even ending 7th could be over really next saturday if watford beat saints midweek then beat wolves both home,while we lose to palace-a lot of ifs but all possible though

Yep,and even ending 7th could be over really next saturday if watford beat saints midweek then beat wolves both home,while we lose to palace-a lot of ifs but all possible though

If we win every game and everybody else loses every game then it means nobody gets none of the points and we get all of the points ta

Say City win Cup,
We come 7th
Arsenal come 5th but win Europa...

Does this mean we miss out on Europa as 4th place team get Europa spot?

Tbh I think it’s unlikely we get seventh u know

Say City win Cup,
We come 7th
Arsenal come 5th but win Europa...

Does this mean we miss out on Europa as 4th place team get Europa spot?

Tbh I think it’s unlikely we get seventh u know
No, if Arsenal win the Europa and finish 5th, England will have 5 teams in next season's CL.

No matter what, if City win the FA Cup, 7th gets a Europa spot next season

Don't want it - but this is me as a generally non match-going punter

If I was a proper blue (and kudos to the lads and lasses that spend every penny they have on following us) - I'd love a European adventure, travelling to exotic locations to soak up the sun and cheap booze and atmosphere - I wouldn't begrudge them that for the world

In reality though - as a crap half fan that watches games on TV and posts on Internet forums - I'd rather we had a proper crack at our domestic league and cup competitions next season - the early start paired with fixture pile up paired with additional injuries paired with rearranged games would kill us

Virginia, Kenny, Mina, Holgate, Baines, Davies, McCarthy, Onyekuru, Dowell, Lookman, Tosun. That should be a good enough XI to get through the early EL rounds, not counting the additions over summer, without having to put excess mileage into the legs of our first XI.

There is absolutely no evidence that suggests being in the EL will hurt a team’s ability to compete in the league. None.

Our team last year is also a terrible example. We weren’t any good. Simple as that. Had nothing to do with the Europa League.

There is absolutely no evidence that suggests being in the EL will hurt a team’s ability to compete in the league. None.

Our team last year is also a terrible example. We weren’t any good. Simple as that. Had nothing to do with the Europa League.
Are you saying that there's actual evidence that proves it does not hurt a team's ability to compete in the league? Or are you just saying there's no real evidence either way? Because there's certainly evidence in basketball that playing more often leads to reduced performance and increased chance of injury. I'm not sure why football would be different. And while it's only anecdotal, we've sure looked better this season when we only played once a week.

Looking at the remaining games I’d say 7th is Watford’s to lose they still have 3 home games left which are games you would expect them to win

I hope we don't finish 7th and qualify for Europe because if we do it will really hamper us next season in our push to finish 7th and qualify for Europe.

Utter madness the pomposity of some people insisting we're too good for the EL or that it is in any way a hinderance.

It's European football. The best nights I've had watching Everton have been in this competition.

If we get 7th, then as far as I'm concerned, MS has done exactly as i'd expected as far as league standings go. Couldn't ask anymore, mission accomplished. Box ticked.

It would go some way to making up for the disasters in the cup games too.

Status
Not open for further replies.