Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.IF we can beat Fulham,Man Utd ,Burnley and get another couple of London scalps .....GREAT.I just don't want to see mistakes creeping back in.A strong finish with momentum within the squad to go in to next season is more important.
How is ya mate.
Over next week hoping to catch the Utd game in Georges bar if ya fancy a cold Mythos or 2.

Sorry about being a bit upbeat fella but it certainly feels a lot better than it did for the months either side of Xmas.

Seriously tho , add 3/4 top signings of the same calibre as last summer there is no reason why we shouldnt be pushing the top 4 next season.

None whatsoever.

Looking at Wolves' remaining fixtures, I've estimated they'll get eleven more points - wins at home v Arsenal, Fulham, Brighton, draws away v Watford and Southampton, predictable loss to the RS.

Which means we need four wins and a draw, if we don't want to leave it to goal difference. Tough ask.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere.

But.......

Aasuming City win the Cup then the 7th placed team will enter the EL.

But suppose Spurs win the CL, ensuring automatic entry next season but finish in 5th or 6th place......or if either Chelsea or Arsenal win the EL whilst themselves finishing outwith the top four but they will go in the CL next season.

Will the 8th placed team go into the EL?
Hi there, hope this link helps to explain the scenarios:

Everything that needs to be said about the season has been said mate.

Corners been turned now , no good looking back only forward . Next season we'll be pushing top 4 never mind 7th .

It's a big jump to be challenging for that. It's not just about having quality in your side, being at that level requires a lot more - heart, refereeing decisions, mental toughness, wins against the top sides home and away. I just don't see us being near that level as soon as next season.

It would be great if we could keep the good run going for the rest of the season though and carry the optimism in to next season and start well.

It's a big jump to be challenging for that. It's not just about having quality in your side, being at that level requires a lot more - heart, refereeing decisions, mental toughness, wins against the top sides home and away. I just don't see us being near that level as soon as next season.

It would be great if we could keep the good run going for the rest of the season though and carry the optimism in to next season and start well.
As you mention, there's a huge gulf between those currently challenging for fourth (Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Manure) and those fighting for seventh.

We would need a real improvement in quality, depth in our squad and an improvement in consistency to get near that lot on a regular basis.

Really hope Wolves have an FA Cup hangover today. Southampton are only 5 points above the drop, so can’t afford to be complacent.

Obviously, we have to beat Fulham, too. If we lose, it would be the most Everton thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.