Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wolves and Watford were to only draw this weekend and we win we go 1 point above Wolves and 2 above Watford.

We then play Utd whilst Wolves have Brighton and Watford have whipping boys Huddersfield.

If we can win our next two it would give us a massive chance of 7th. I do feel though that Utd at best is a draw as we dont take our chances to put enough away against De Gea and I think Martial will score his usual goal against us.

We basically need to hope both Watford and Wolves start to slip up massively although I cant see it.

I agree that Wolves are the biggest threat. Watford will be thinking about the Cup Final and Leicester slipped up in a big way this evening.

But, and it's still a big but, We have to keep winning. I think we need 4 wins and a draw and that means beating Man U at home.

I agree that Wolves are the biggest threat. Watford will be thinking about the Cup Final and Leicester slipped up in a big way this evening.

But, and it's still a big but, We have to keep winning. I think we need 4 wins and a draw and that means beating Man U at home.

If Wolves lose tomorrow but beat Brighton the week after

&

we win tomorrow then draw against Utd next week:

We are level on points with them having Arsenal at home as their game in hand - we need Arsenal to get over their bad away form to have any chance of 7th imo.

Saints need to do the business tomorrow.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere.

But.......

Aasuming City win the Cup then the 7th placed team will enter the EL.

But suppose Spurs win the CL, ensuring automatic entry next season but finish in 5th or 6th place......or if either Chelsea or Arsenal win the EL whilst themselves finishing outwith the top four but they will go in the CL next season.

Will the 8th placed team go into the EL?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere.

But.......

Aasuming City win the Cup then the 7th placed team will enter the EL.

But suppose Spurs win the CL, ensuring automatic entry next season but finish in 5th or 6th place......or if either Chelsea or Arsenal win the EL whilst themselves finishing outwith the top four but they will go in the CL next season.

Will the 8th placed team go into the EL?
I could be wrong but I think the absolute maximum of English teams in european competitions is 7. In your scenario I think 4th place loses out on CL? Not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.