Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we get it, nice little jaunt for the lads in July, Ruzemberok in the qualifier last time was one of the great european trips

I don't think we will get 7th, we would need to win 4 out of the last 5 and hope that Wolves and Leicester lose a few. Also it is still possible that 7th wont get European football anyway. Its still possible that Watford will win the cup and get that place.

Leicesters games left

Newcastle H
West Ham A
Arsenal H
Man City A
Chelsea H

Wolves games left

Southampton A
Brighton H
Arsenal H
Watford A
Fulham H
Liverpool A

Our games

Fulham A
Man Utd H
Palace A
Burnley H
Spurs A

Watford games

Arsenal H
Huddersfield A
Southamton H
Wolves H
Chelsea A
West Ham H

Tough to call now but I'd say to give ourselves a chance we'd need a minimum of 10 points from our games and hope other results go in our favour. Still say Wolves are the favourites to get it.
I don’t want European football next season so I’m starting to panic now because I think we’ll get at least twelve points, not sure about the last game at Spurs, not messing either.

Does anyone with a degree in Statistics know whether we are likely to get Europa League football next year!!

Given the form of English clubs in Europe and the top teams in the domestic cups it feels like the placing may go down quite a way in the league

Seems like it may be beyond 7th

I think it will largely come down to this weekend.

If Watford and Wolves lose and we win then that cancels out to an extent their game in hand (which I believe is against each other which we would hope ends a draw)

I expect Leicester to beat Newcastle comfortably at home however they still have City at the etihad & Arsenal and Chelsea left to play.

For me the only game we can realistically afford to lose is Spurs.

We have to get wins at Fulham, Palace and Burnley and imo take atleast 1 point against Utd.

Palace away is always tricky and the sort of game we normally slip up in

Wolves & Watford just played a very long game too. For Wolves, all that effort & no reward could play on them. For Watford, all that effort & now their minds are wandering to thoughts of the final & could slip in the league.
Leicester are the biggest threat. Scoring goals, winning matches & confidence up.

Part of me says Europe is not something we are ready for and it will be too much of a strain. The other part says if we ever want to compete with the "Big 6" we need to be able to coast through the Europa League groups like they have and end up in a quarterfinal. But we will need a lot of players to get the depth.

It's fair to say Wolves and Watford have had tremendous seasons. In comparison we've had a dreadful one and only find ourselves within a point of either side.

Without discrediting the above too much it does highlight how our ambitions as a club and our expectations as fans are higher. 5th, 6th or 7th place is no longer and hasn't been deemed successful in many years. Whereas Wolves/Watford will no doubt be celebrating a successful season if they finish just below the top sides.

I think the last few performances against the top sides have given us hope for next season and with a few additions I can see us finishing 12 to 15pts ahead of these two next year.

I don't think we will get 7th, we would need to win 4 out of the last 5 and hope that Wolves and Leicester lose a few. Also it is still possible that 7th wont get European football anyway. Its still possible that Watford will win the cup and get that place.
Um, how many games do you think they usually win? Because it seems like you think they are Man City, instead of averaging 1.4ppg. That means on average two wins and a draw in their last 5 matches. Granted, one team will overperform and one will underperform, but If Watford beat Man City, or if Leicester beat Arsenal, Man City, and Chelsea back to back, more power to them.

I think it will largely come down to this weekend.

If Watford and Wolves lose and we win then that cancels out to an extent their game in hand (which I believe is against each other which we would hope ends a draw)

I expect Leicester to beat Newcastle comfortably at home however they still have City at the etihad & Arsenal and Chelsea left to play.

For me the only game we can realistically afford to lose is Spurs.

We have to get wins at Fulham, Palace and Burnley and imo take atleast 1 point against Utd.

Palace away is always tricky and the sort of game we normally slip up in
Is that what we have come to know as 'an expected loss'?

Status
Not open for further replies.