Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we make 7th.

Being in Europe is a stronger platform for recruitment and keeping the whole squad match fit and involved.

Okay, I won't first on the plane to Donetsk or some other warzone but with a striker and more performances like the 2nd half vs Chelsea and the whole game vs Arsenal we should look at this as an opportunity to grow. We might even win it :)

Leicesters games left

Newcastle H
West Ham A
Arsenal H
Man City A
Chelsea H

Wolves games left

Southampton A
Brighton H
Arsenal H
Watford A
Fulham H
Liverpool A

Our games

Fulham A
Man Utd H
Palace A
Burnley H
Spurs A

Watford games

Arsenal H
Huddersfield A
Southamton H
Wolves H
Chelsea A
West Ham H

Tough to call now but I'd say to give ourselves a chance we'd need a minimum of 10 points from our games and hope other results go in our favour. Still say Wolves are the favourites to get it.

No, so really Watford have two chances at it, id actually like Leicester to get it, so they are stuck in it for next season.
Personally I really like Europe, however it would impact the way we deal with the transfers within the squad. Though I do think they'll continue to improve the overall feel with or without Europe.

there's a lot in this I agree with:

That's said, whatever is available at any time is what the club should be aspiring for. If that's seventh, more revenue and perhaps a better chance of attracting players then they should be straining every sinew to achieve it. Recent events have shown that the 'big 6' aren't immune from slipping up.

Leicesters games left

Newcastle H
West Ham A
Arsenal H
Man City A
Chelsea H

Wolves games left

Southampton A
Brighton H
Arsenal H
Watford A
Fulham H
Liverpool A

Our games

Fulham A
Man Utd H
Palace A
Burnley H
Spurs A

Watford games

Arsenal H
Huddersfield A
Southamton H
Wolves H
Chelsea A
West Ham H

Tough to call now but I'd say to give ourselves a chance we'd need a minimum of 10 points from our games and hope other results go in our favour. Still say Wolves are the favourites to get it.
The fact Watford & Wolves still have to play each other in the league is a massive game You’d expect the winners of that to be in the driving seat.

Likewise, the Man U game will be huge for us. If we keep this momentum there’s a good chance we can get a result against them.

Just have to hope Arsenal get their act together against these!

I can see the 7th place bit but Wolves wont be battling relegation next year, the fastest I have seen any club go from promotion to galvanising a premier position ever. They have money, descent stadium, great manager and some talent in that squad. They are sound next season imo....a complete transformation from where they were 3 years ago.
see Burnley....

Mentalists saying they dont want europa league so we can concentrate on the league next season and qualify for.........

No point qualifying for the CL until we can consistently show we can reach the later stages of the Europa anyhow. Can't use the number of games excuse, all the top 6 are still in Europe. You're either good enough or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.