Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll still have quite a big squad, allowing for shipping out some dead wood. If we can add some astute signings in the summer to achieve more balance, I think we would be fine, and be able to field a decent 2nd string in the early stages.
But this is another problem, if we get in Europe we need the likes of Niasse, Mirallas and Jags ...etc because of the games.
Just like when we gave Hibbert an extension, but fans don't think about this because the want a piss up overseas.

Absolutely we should want to be in Europe. First, at the least its valuable experience for our fringe players, those that dont get enough playing time. Second, maybe most importantly, its how you attract the best players. We will lose out on players that would make us better just because we arent in europe. Third, its not that expensive, even if we dont go all out to win Europa league, and instead just to do well in our group, we will bring him 25 million with an okay campaign. A bad campaign STILL brings us in 17 million. With 25 million thats enough to sign two 10-12 million players just for europa league and cups, and if we play 2 youngsters who dont normally get gametime, thats 4 players we can swap out and still be very competitive. Improving our roster from top to bottom means our cup/europa team could look much better than it has in years past without breaking the bank. Our second squad would be something like:

Pickford
Coleman Keane VidaLevelCB BainesReplacement
Gomes McCarthy
Lookman Vlasic Onyekuru
DCL

My only concern is the draw for the FA cup was horrible for us getting 7th, because one of Watford and Wolves will play City in the final, in a year where City is in a very tight title race.

But this is another problem, if we get in Europe we need the likes of Niasse, Mirallas and Jags ...etc because of the games.
Just like when we gave Hibbert an extension, but fans don't think about this because the want a piss up overseas.
The thing is though, if we sign a new RB, new CM, CB, and new striker, we could ship out 12 players and still have a backup squad of Virginia, Coleman, New CB, Mina, LBBackup, McCarthy, Davies, Lookman Vlasic Onyekuru DCL. And they are all better than the likes of Niase, Mirallas, Bolasie, etc.

See look at this Wolves side, there very good, are they good enough to play in Europe? I dunno, but were not.
It's not just about wanting to be in Europe, I want us to be in Europe, but I want us to be good enough to.play in Europe, and good enough for the league, not just limp along in both of them.
I agree with Carlin on the Europa Cup, we are not ready, don’t have a squad big enough or good enough, at the moment, to compete in both competitions, especially in the Europa Cup in it’s present form, the season after next this competition will be in a reduced form, less games to play in, and in the next twelve months, hopefully the squad will be strengthened to enable us to better prepared for four competitions. I understand that plenty of supporters love going away to European cities and enjoy the chance to see us compete abroad, so fair play to them, I just think we will do ourselves more justice if we wait awhile.

Watford winning and utd down to 10 against wolves cant see us getting 7th unless we win sunday considering both have games in hand.

That McTomiary decided to send A Young off and hand the 3 points to Wolves lol. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.