Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite frankly we should be getting 7th every season. We are not a top 6 side & wont be for some time but we are a much stronger club than most of the teams in & around the 7th spot & should be treating europe as part of what a standard Everton season has.
Wishing we don't qualify is not an option my head can compute.
Of course it makes our season harder but it's not meant to be easy & the more we do it the easier & more routine it will get.
Its also a chance to blood new talent on a big stage & give the wider squad a sence of belonging because there is more game time available.
More games to watch, more media exposure, more opportunities to get hold of players who demand europe, more money and more hope that this club is returning to better days.

Desperately want Europa League from a selfish point of view. Think with our form it could well be on, especially if Wolves/Watford are resting players for the cup.

Agree with above statements, we should be aiming at competing in Europe as a minimum everywhere no matter how we qualify for it. Top players want to play in europe and it helps us to attact them. We just need to bide our time playing in the UEFA Cup picking up those BS european coefficient points, so that when we do qualify for Champs League we should get a better seeding. Wishful thinking maybe, but you never know.

Either way this season we need to pick up more points than the other 4 teams around us; Wolves, Leicester, Watford, West Ham. I think Watford will pick up about 12 points and the others about 9 points except West Ham who have a tough fixture run in, so probs no need to worry about them. So out of our remaining 18 points available I think 12-14 points should be achievable based on who we're playing and when.

Want to see EFC in Europe every year. We aint going to win the league or go down and until managers start taking cups seriously, we may as well have a few extra games to be disappointed about every year

I can only assume that those saying we should swerve the Europa have never experienced following the Blues in a European away day. They're boss, and personally I think that being able to watch your team competing abroad is one of the best things you can do. So I will happily take it whatever the permutation!

My reason for wanting every season in Europa is partly selfish, I really enjoy watching 2 games most weeks and playing at the same time as the so called big boys.

That’s not the point of preseason though
Playing vlasic lookman and onyekuru in preseason games would be pointless. Anyone can look good preseason - see Kieran dowell - extra competitive games would allow us to play them more and for them to mature

We need European football for the club to grow, for attracting better players, increased revenues and increasing our pedigree etc.

I can't see us making 7th, 8th I reckon, think we would have to pretty much win near enough all our remaining games or hope a fair few of Watfords/Wolves results go our way

I can only assume that those saying we should swerve the Europa have never experienced following the Blues in a European away day. They're boss, and personally I think that being able to watch your team competing abroad is one of the best things you can do. So I will happily take it whatever the permutation!
But this is the only reason why fans want it, for a boss way day.
It's not because of the football, it's for drinkies with the lads.

I've done it, yeah it's fun, but so is watching Everton playing in the league, let's sort that first.

We need European football for the club to grow, for attracting better players, increased revenues and increasing our pedigree etc.

I can't see us making 7th, 8th I reckon, think we would have to pretty much win near enough all our remaining games or hope a fair few of Watfords/Wolves results go our way
Precisely this !!

See look at this Wolves side, there very good, are they good enough to play in Europe? I dunno, but were not.
It's not just about wanting to be in Europe, I want us to be in Europe, but I want us to be good enough to.play in Europe, and good enough for the league, not just limp along in both of them.

If we could get to play in Europe every season, we'd be a lot more prepared if we ever did finish top 4. But the Europa league, is usually the kiss of death for the 7th place team as they start competitive matches so early/

See look at this Wolves side, there very good, are they good enough to play in Europe? I dunno, but were not.
It's not just about wanting to be in Europe, I want us to be in Europe, but I want us to be good enough to.play in Europe, and good enough for the league, not just limp along in both of them.
We'll still have quite a big squad, allowing for shipping out some dead wood. If we can add some astute signings in the summer to achieve more balance, I think we would be fine, and be able to field a decent 2nd string in the early stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.