Sell to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should genuinely consider just releasing people from their contracts and paying them off at this stage

Who on Earth is going to take Sandro off us for instance? At this stage, paying him off might cost less than letting his contract run till it's end

Negotiate a buy out fee and get rid of him

Its an idea I suppose, we could pay him 10m to leave

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We could loan him out and get a fee

Tough choice, I wonder which 1 Brands will pick.

Need to trim the wage bill. Gomes coming in for Vlasic will grow our wage bill in the region of 100k per week.
No difference to last season when we were already paying Gomes wages & we were not paying Vlasics (CSKA were paying). Gomes might be on a higher salary since he signed permanently? But at same time we don't have to fork out a loan fee to Barca for his services. Overall not much change wage bill wise for 19/20 when compared to 18/19 surely.

If we didn't sell any players and just kept buying them we would end up with over 200 players and that would be just silly.

There's a story of Man City squad being taken for a training run on the beach during a period when they'd had loads of changes in management and the squad got more and more bloated. They were appearing over the sand dunes as if they were an army from a scene in a movie like Zulu or Cleopatra.I can't remember who I saw telling this story, it's possible that it was Joe Royle but I may have got that wrong.

People are forgetting that sell to buy is only an issue when you sell your best players.

Selling dead wood to buy better players, how on earth are people moaning about that?

There are some on here who would say “bit of a coincidence Niasse was sold on the day Neres joins! What’s changed thought brands was meant to change things ! These people exist

Its an idea I suppose, we could pay him 10m to leave

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We could loan him out and get a fee

Tough choice, I wonder which 1 Brands will pick.

Might not be as simple as that. I doubt we would get a huge loan fee or a monthly figure that will even cover 1/3 off his wages, so if we say he isn't going on loan and he won't play he may take a settlement fee. Pay him one year upfront and he becomes a free agent to sign up with a lower division team back home and start to rebuild his confidence and career.

No difference to last season when we were already paying Gomes wages & we were not paying Vlasics (CSKA were paying). Gomes might be on a higher salary since he signed permanently? But at same time we don't have to fork out a loan fee to Barca for his services. Overall not much change wage bill wise for 19/20 when compared to 18/19 surely.
120k a week, I think we were paying 70k last season.

So he has essentially taken jags wages

Status
Not open for further replies.