Season Tickets 22/23

Will you be renewing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The club have issued press releases over the years saying 9 in every 10 seats in the stadium are sold out before a season starts. I assume that headline must include hospitality.

Some think it's great.

I think it's a shame.

For access to tickets, and for atmosphere.

We have more season ticket holders - (Edit: I think 3/4k if a quick Google is correct) - than the likes of Liverpool.
Liverpool sell to day trippers in Norway and Malaysia who might visit once in 10 years , and sell for big money as well I might add

Everything is relative, for instance I think many German footy fans would consider our ticket prices as already quite high, and to a segment of our fanbase any increase might be difficult to budget for if they're already struggling with other rising costs. What if this is only the beginning of a ramping up process, with similar increases each year till BMD opens?

One of the reasons for moving was that the pitifully poor executive/corporate offer at Goodison would be massively increased at BMD, and this would offset the costs to minimise any general admission ticket price hike. Unfortunately, with only 20-22 boxes (last time I looked), I'm not sure if the corporate is going to be sufficiently high volume/quality to balance that equation.

New stadium effect is an accepted phenomenon..... however, it is not universal and there are other factors. Sunderland's Roker had shrunk to a shadow of its forner self with a final capacity of just over 20k. Similarly Maine Rd was at easily it's lowest ever capacity..... but the Etihad isn't called emptyad for nothing. West Ham also had to slash prices dramatically to fill the olympic stadium and their gate receipts reflect that with almost no increase from when they were at the Boleyn ground with just over half their new home's capacity. We can't afford that luxury. As regards us going bigger than 52k.... my family have posted good spare tickets many times without takers over the past few years.
Tom
We are moving
Get over it
It’s a done deal

our fanbase wants more success but don't want to contribute to that, twitter has been unreal with some of the posts over this. we haven't had a price increase in years and still one of the cheapest in the premier. if we want success we have to pay for it unfortunately. mines gone up by 60 quid, over 19 games that aint much

How many 90 yr olds are fit enough to go to a game in Oct-April
It would be interesting to know the actual figure of over 90s we have as season ticket holders. I'd guess at less than 100.
I think its a great gesture.
I was privileged to get revenge on my Dad by taking him the Brentford game. He's 95.
Great as the day was his mobility etc made for some concerns.

Inappropriate Behaviour
How many over 90s fans do you think there are? If they've watched us that long, they've earned a freebie.
If they had watched us that long they would be well dead by now. We will be giving out freebies to the negros next just to keep the PC brigade satisfied.
How many over 90s fans do you think there are? If they've watched us that long, they've earned a freebie.

Tom
We are moving
Get over it
It’s a done deal

Get over what? Where have I said we're not moving in that post, or in any other for that matter? I'm not the least bit averse to moving.

Yes, it is a done deal and yet we still have no idea how it is being financed or what it will mean for our finances going forward. It and other issues may or may not be very important in the future. The ticket prices being one of them may be just the thin end of that wedge.

The increase in kids tickets is gonna sting a little for me, but considering where it's gone from and the new price, I really can't complain about season ticket prices - we've been and probably will still be the cheapest, compared to our competitors.

Is Pereria going to convince him? I think not

Free transfer according to Transfermarkt

Could easily be just communication with his lack of English. Other than that he was good.

Also the penalty was questionable

It would be interesting to know the actual figure of over 90s we have as season ticket holders. I'd guess at less than 100.
I think its a great gesture.
I was privileged to get revenge on my Dad by taking him the Brentford game. He's 95.
Great as the day was his mobility etc made for some concerns.
I read the number of aged 90 plus season ticket holders was 50 mate.

The twitter outrage is laughable, particularly when people have been complaining about poor commercial performance over the years.

Our commercial department still needs to be improved dramatically but ST prices have been frozen for 7 years, the latest hike puts us behind the inflation curve for those 7 years.

The argument that the club needs to 'read the room' over the current climate is a nice position to preach, but it's not on the club. They fulfil their obligations as being one of the cheapest PL clubs to watch in one of the most depressed districts.

My ST is now up to 580 and I don't think we will have another hike before we move.

When me move, I fully expect my new seat will be 800+.

Whatever the number of ST holders are now, it shouldn't increase for BM. Let's say that's about 32k, that leaves about 17k for general sale. How they prioritise the sale of those is the trick. Membership? L postcode? I remember in the 70s and 80s Derby tickets was a ticket stub from a previous match. The problem with credit schemes is the abuse we see with aways now. People with 18/20 credits only going to one or two games but still snapping up aways to sell and keep their place.

Oh, and the club needs the resale platform to be just that. A platform. They should allow fans to re-list ST and set a price they are happy with. If they list more than 5 homes, they lose the ST. Easy.

It's the same people spear heading the outrage. They're doing it for their own follower count and podcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.