Season Tickets 22/23

Will you be renewing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is relative, for instance I think many German footy fans would consider our ticket prices as already quite high, and to a segment of our fanbase any increase might be difficult to budget for if they're already struggling with other rising costs. What if this is only the beginning of a ramping up process, with similar increases each year till BMD opens?

One of the reasons for moving was that the pitifully poor executive/corporate offer at Goodison would be massively increased at BMD, and this would offset the costs to minimise any general admission ticket price hike. Unfortunately, with only 20-22 boxes (last time I looked), I'm not sure if the corporate is going to be sufficiently high volume/quality to balance that equation.

New stadium effect is an accepted phenomenon..... however, it is not universal and there are other factors. Sunderland's Roker had shrunk to a shadow of its forner self with a final capacity of just over 20k. Similarly Maine Rd was at easily it's lowest ever capacity..... but the Etihad isn't called emptyad for nothing. West Ham also had to slash prices dramatically to fill the olympic stadium and their gate receipts reflect that with almost no increase from when they were at the Boleyn ground with just over half their new home's capacity. We can't afford that luxury. As regards us going bigger than 52k.... my family have posted good spare tickets many times without takers over the past few years.

We had a sleeve sponsor.. everyone moaned “Angry Birds FFS, no one plays that anymore !”

We now don’t have one.. and everyone moans..
It's the responsibility of the commercial staff within the club to ensure that every opportunity to gain corporate partnerships is maximised.

And even when we had a sleeve sponsor, we should have been looking for an even more lucrative one.

Proactive and progressive businesses do not rest on their laurels - they seek continual improvement and commercial gain - just stay away from gambling companies.

How can they justify allowing over 90s in for free when there are people who can't get a season ticket because of lack of seats available? We used to give tickets away in the early 80s when there was only 15k for home games but I think its wrong now.

How can they justify allowing over 90s in for free when there are people who can't get a season ticket because of lack of seats available? We used to give tickets away in the early 80s when there was only 15k for home games but I think its wrong now.
How many over 90s fans do you think there are? If they've watched us that long, they've earned a freebie.

I think one of the few things the club has got right in the last few years is the cost of the season tickets. I’m paying £15 less this season than I did for the 2013/14 season.

The difficulty they’re going to have will be how much to increase prices in the coming years. I think a 10% increase this year is acceptable after prices have been pretty static for nearly a decade, but if double digit price rises become the norm they’ll end up making it unaffordable for some of the fan base.

The twitter outrage is laughable, particularly when people have been complaining about poor commercial performance over the years.

Our commercial department still needs to be improved dramatically but ST prices have been frozen for 7 years, the latest hike puts us behind the inflation curve for those 7 years.

The argument that the club needs to 'read the room' over the current climate is a nice position to preach, but it's not on the club. They fulfil their obligations as being one of the cheapest PL clubs to watch in one of the most depressed districts.

My ST is now up to 580 and I don't think we will have another hike before we move.

When me move, I fully expect my new seat will be 800+.

Whatever the number of ST holders are now, it shouldn't increase for BM. Let's say that's about 32k, that leaves about 17k for general sale. How they prioritise the sale of those is the trick. Membership? L postcode? I remember in the 70s and 80s Derby tickets was a ticket stub from a previous match. The problem with credit schemes is the abuse we see with aways now. People with 18/20 credits only going to one or two games but still snapping up aways to sell and keep their place.

Oh, and the club needs the resale platform to be just that. A platform. They should allow fans to re-list ST and set a price they are happy with. If they list more than 5 homes, they lose the ST. Easy.

Last edited:

Still on the season waiting ticket list despite numerous phonecalls and myself and my Lad being official members since 2013, I am sure one day I will be offered a couple.

Does smack of the board saying;
“we need more revenue, we’re not professionally capable of getting better sponsorship or commercial deals, we’re crap at transfers and getting rid of players who don’t contribute, I know let’s squeeze more out of those who can least afford it!”
This is the lazy option for sorting out the clubs finances

Status
Not open for further replies.