Season Ticket Prices 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my season ticket for 40 years now, but this might be the time I stop. It's a ridiculous amount now. My first season ticket was under 50 quid IIRC...

Non member tickets in the Riverside stand when we played at Fulham were £90. General in the Putney / away end were £60 but they were all gone.

If we go down the prices won’t go down either. This was mentioned to the club last year and they basically said the tickets won’t be cheaper as you get to see more games.
Is it an extra 4 home games in the Championship?

How many season ticket holders do we have, about 30,000 is it? That's about £15m generated if we say it's about £500 on average for a seasy.

Basically, just don't sign Neil Maupay or Dwight McNeil. Or if you make the mistake of signing one of them, don't kin repeat it and buy the other as well.
Could argue it’s like what the government did with the PPE. Tax us more for the problems they have made. Me and the wife have season tickets and attend aways. We are hoping the little one gets into it but I have told the other half it may come down to sharing the season ticket and getting the little one boxed for the new gaff but by then I think footy will be finished for me and a lot of my mates.

No, they increased last season.

They were frozen for several years before then.

I think the increase this coming season is less than last seasons hike.
Not in my case. For 20/21, it was £485, whereas this season it was £535, which equates to £50 increase or 10% real term.

Next season, the ticket will £600, which is a £65 increase or a 12% increase. Over the two years, it's risen close to 24% - nearly a quarter.

I've always been surprised at how cheap my ST is compared to prices paid during general sale. It works out about £28 a ticket where I am, with my ST. General sale is circa £50. Although the price hike seems unfair at this time, the prices are still well below general sale.

My worry is, there's zero confirmation that this means there won't be a substantial increase when we move. Everyone is saying it like it's a fact. This isn't the peoples club anymore, they could very easily push prices through the roof when we move.

My frustrations are:
  • We've just narrowly avoided relegation (hugely due to the fans) and our thank you, is an extra cost. It would've been a touching gesture, to freeze prices.
  • ST's aren't the main income for a club, they've released several highly paid players, added a sleeve sponsor and increased sponsorship. They shouldn't need the fans to provide more income.
  • Everyone is currently affected by the cost of living crisis. EVERYTHING has gone up, except wages. We're paying more for everything, with the same amount of income.
Now I agree, a ST is a luxury, but Everton finishing a place or two higher, raises more money for the club than ST's do. It's frustrating to watch the football we have, finally see players who were on wages we can only dream of, finally released. Yet we're expected to increase our costs.

I refuse to buy into the "most clubs are more expensive" argument. Great, but that's been the case for a long time, why now, during a time when most people are struggling, is it fair to increase and match those clubs. It smacks of "well you've had good times/cheap prices"

Status
Not open for further replies.