Season ticket price increases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've resold a few of my tickets so far as I'm living up in Glasgow, it's a shame that that credit will now be worth less than the number of games I haven't been able to attend but I guess ours have been quite cheap for like 5 years or so now.

When you look to see Watford, Southampton, Brighton, Crystal Palace< Newcastle all charging up to £200 more for their seats than Everton, it's telling that we've been able to keep it so cheap.

I just hope we don't look to teams like this and think, if they can charge £700 for a season behind the goal, then so can we.

Prices will probably be reflected on demand for certain areas in the ground.
I'd expect the north stand to be the cheapest based on this. It doesn't have the views the other 3 stands have

'...our own footballing ambitions...' hopefully we'll see an increase on the 1.7 million transfer budget next year then.

That's some memory you have got mate.
Though chips were 6d for many years proper chips as well
This is true, made fresh from actual spuds peeled and cut up on site, fried in Lard, then there was a potato shortage, the price went up, quite soon the spuds shortage ended - but the price never went back down.
tbh, the bit about the pie and tea is just a guess, probably pretty close, but actually unproveable...unless there is a menu in a programme somewhere.

I only hope the increase is a fair one at this time and reflects that many people don't have as much disposable money as they'd like to. I just hope the powers that be aren't to greedy. We might be better then most clubs price wise right now but the £485 I already pay every year for my season ticket is already expensive enough for the garbage I have to watch on the pitch 99% of the time. I'm just saying, if they want to increase the prices then my standards of what is an acceptable showing from the team will also increase accordingly.
It's really not as easy as completely equating the standard of football to the price; we're in the PL and we already have a rather low price compared to others.

If we get CL football, would you want them to put an extra £100 on as the standard has increased? We all want better football, but it's correlation not causation.

It's really not as easy as completely equating the standard of football to the price; we're in the PL and we already have a rather low price compared to others.

If we get CL football, would you want them to put an extra £100 on as the standard has increased? We all want better football, but it's correlation not causation.
Yeah I'm done with the excuses that football clubs use to justify ripping fans off mate. We're constantly told that the money going though the turnstiles is barely enough to cover the cost of the stewards and other match day staff which is why we're treated as an irrelevance when fixture dates and times are made for the benefit of various tv company's. The people who own the club can raise the price of match tickets as much as they want (and they've been pretty good about it for years in fairness) but while they insist on treating fans like costumers they can have no complaints when we act like it and complain about the quality of the goods we receive. We have received nothing but trash on the filed for years now with very little to cheer about. The club doesn't get to to this long continually failing us, especially us fans who pay for the "privilege" of watching it and not at least get questioned when they do rise the prices. I'm ok with a price increase, I just expect the club to hold up their end of the bargain by giving us somthing better then we currently have when they do.

I could be alone here but I dont think the ticket prices can be linked to how we have been performing for god knows how long. The prices have not risen for 10 years. Ticket prices for the PL are not really linked to how we perform.

Dont forget anyone who buys a season ticket is directly paying a slice of Rafael Benitez wages haha unlucky for some, but some of YOUR money is going into HIS pocket

I think he’s saying that with the last season coming up soon many people will accept a rise and those who don’t, we’ll there’ll be demand for their tickets.

Yes that’s what I meant, as I will be one of those trying to get a ticket.

Pie and a tea 6d
Bag of chips from the chippy outside 6d
And my Gwladys St. ST was £3, 3s, 0d ( 3 shillings X 21 games - no reduction)
Program 6d.
500 bus back to Garston 4d (scholar )
Probably on the same bus sometimes. 500 minimum fare and limited stops (quick), after match walked to Walton Church (or Rice Lane opposite the Hozzy) to make sure we got on. Otherwise, it was the 25 to Aigburth and the 82C onwards. Home James for the aways - Happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.