Transfer Rumour Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s comparing the players ability though ? As stated, I was pointing out that a change in circumstances can benefit a player … Milner, Barry…. Don’t matter who ….

But they're established and very good players.

Longstaff isn't a good player. He's an
average midfielder who isn't young, doesn't have any real standout traits (range of passing, composure, shooting all basic) he just possibly has a higher work rate than what we have in the squad, will lap at the bowl of Rafael.

It's just a body.

Milner is our Gareth Barry, you realise
How good/important they are when they play for you.
The worrying thing is how hyped up the Longstaffs where a while back and nothing since, I haven’t even noticed them for a long time.
Is he really an improvement on Davies, who can’t even get a game.

He runs more, stronger, and is faster than Davies (who isn't?)

Davies is better technically, more composed, can get the odd goal.

So you're talking athlete for skill.

However...there's not "next level" for either or for the team. It's a complete filler.

We'll be spending £40mill on 3 players and be pretty much as we are now.

I haven't seen much of this lad at all. All I know is that he was linked with United for a stupid fee a couple of years ago, and now he can't get into a midfield of a team with otherwise pretty crap midfielders. From that I deduce either he's had a bit of a Tom Davies of a career so far where he burst onto the scene and then generally reverted to being poo, or he's a good player who is low on confidence/form, been played out of position or in the wrong system, etc, etc.

What I WILL say is that much has been made, and rightly so, of our expensively-assembled squad "downing tools" for 73 managers in the last 5 years. What if this lad really does want to play for this manager? I get that motivation alone won't turn him into Xavi, but maybe he'll go some way towards being the player United were considering chucking decent money after a little while back?

He’s not signing his mates though, he’s signing cheap players he knows in order to get us out of this mess and free up money for better players. Think walcot-Townsend and Gray
Longstaff for delph plus tens of thousands a week will improve us and give money for better players
It’s not ideal, but it’s better than the mess we were/in squad wise
Very good analysis. It definitely is the only way, currently.

He’s not signing his mates though, he’s signing cheap players he knows in order to get us out of this mess and free up money for better players. Think walcot-Townsend and Gray
Longstaff for delph plus tens of thousands a week will improve us and give money for better players
Woahhhh!!! Stop it! Your not allowed to talk sense on this forum.

I disgaree completely, there is never an argument for signing crap players regardless of how much money we save.

We're in a mess because we keep signing crap players, signing crap players on less money still means we are crap.

I haven't seen much of this lad at all. All I know is that he was linked with United for a stupid fee a couple of years ago, and now he can't get into a midfield of a team with otherwise pretty crap midfielders. From that I deduce either he's had a bit of a Tom Davies of a career so far where he burst onto the scene and then generally reverted to being poo, or he's a good player who is low on confidence/form, been played out of position or in the wrong system, etc, etc.

What I WILL say is that much has been made, and rightly so, of our expensively-assembled squad "downing tools" for 73 managers in the last 5 years. What if this lad really does want to play for this manager? I get that motivation alone won't turn him into Xavi, but maybe he'll go some way towards being the player United were considering chucking decent money after a little while back?

Man U were sniffing round him mate then Newcastle came out and put a £50m price tag on his head, Man U then rolled about uncontrollably with laughter. lol

I disgaree completely, there is never an argument for signing crap players regardless of how much money we save.

We're in a mess because we keep signing crap players, signing crap players on less money still means we are crap.
We need to reduce the massive wage bill and get the older, higher paid players out the door in order to invest in new, better players. Longstaff will be better than those he is replacing and save big bucks.
As I said, it’s not ideal but it is needed

Tying absurdly average players down to 3+ year contracts is a big part of why we're in this mess in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.