Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, what have English managers achieved recently? None of the top six have English managers. Did anyone see the line up for the next England boss before Southgate was deemed best of the lot. Its a lack of quality

I can't understand this point of view, it's basically saying nobody has done it in the past therefore nobody can do it in the future.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Dyche or Howe are the right men from the job, I'm just saying that what they have achieved at their current clubs is admirable and it's the only way they have to promote themselves for bigger jobs. I just don't think outright dismissing them whilst getting excited over Marco Silva makes sense to me.

I agree though, English managers have been failures for a long time in the League but doesn't someone someday have to break the cycle?

bit of a weird statement, as a 'name', dyche is far far more notorious than fonseca, with fonseca being a more obscure less obvious choice

Dyche isn't a name at all

Wenger is though, and that poll in his thread seems to suggest plenty would fall over themselves if he came here, even though all evidence points to him being a spent force whilst Dyche still has world's of potential

Last edited:

Dyche isn't a name at all

Wenger is though, and that poll in his thread seems to suggest plenty would fall over themselves if he came here, even though all evidence points to him being a spent force whilst Dyche still has world's of potential

If it helps I’d rather have Dyche than Wenger.

And I do not want Dyche anywhere near Everton.

Can we point out that athletico have £200m worth of striking talent and are one of Europe’s tops sides. You Wd expect they wd do better then Burnley in most depts. however, Burnley have also not been the playing hoof football.

Ok if we can get a world leading talent then fair enough. But if we end up with next an unproven manager such as fonseca, most fans will be excited, even tho his cv isn’t strong enough. Thee is a 50-50 chance we would worse than this season. Dyche would improve our current situation. Not top four, but I’m realistic to realise that wouldn’t happen with Mourinho / Simeone in charge.
I look at it in a different way.
I ignore largely what the fans want because if you didn't you could end up with some weird choice based on name, looks or personality trait.
The board are tasked with finding a manager to move the club forward and we have seen that the salary on offer and the money spent on transfers recently should attract some high calibre managers.

I am not convinced that a challenge for the top four is as far out of our reach as some suggest. A lot depends on how the money on transfers is spent and largely that has been our downfall.
You mentioned Simeone and I have no doubt he could get us to challenge for a top four place as managers like him and Guardiola get their players to give more than even they think they are capable of. I don't think Sean Dyche ever would challenge for a top four spot . Sean Dyche reminds in ways of both David Moyes and Sam Allyrdyce, safe, you know what you are going to get and the excuse is always at the ready.
We are in eight after a disappointing season, only one place behind Burnley who have had a brilliant season... for them.

Just seen Sergio Conceicao linked, on the transfer rumour bit on TS, don't know how informed that is but that is exactly the thing, how would he be getting a look in over 2 experience premier League managers who have done well at their current clubs. All i know is he's an ex=player and apparently is manager of Porto, crazy.

His managerial stats away from Porto are all in the 29% win ratio bracket jesus christ, apart from in Nantes.

Status
Not open for further replies.