Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to decide where we are as a club.

I have seen the argument made that none of the top six would take Sam as manager... would they take Dyche or Howe ?

I want to see Sam replaced , but I don't see the point in spending a lot of money to get rid of him only to replace him with somebody who will more or less do the same job and end up more or less in the same place.

Last summer we spent around 200m, probably about 70m -80m net. In January we spent another 50m plus. We were reportedly paying Koeman in excess of 100k per week.
I may be wrong but that level of spending shows ambition... but our next managerial appointment in one week or one year needs to reflect that ambition.
I don't think Dyche or Howe sends signals of ambition. The appointment of Silva is much the same although there is a potential factor going with him... but his appointment would certainly be a risk.

The appointment of somebody like Emery would cause a stir in football. I think it would result in us being talked about before the season at least.

Don't want any manager that likes to 'overachieve'. 40 points and more is a bonus.

As soon as success is demanded it's a different story...

No Burnley fan would complain if they had finished 15th this season...this is a bonus.

It is laughable because this thing about Simeone being a defensive coach is quite wrong. Athletico play with a real high tempo, attacking at speed and at will.

Simeone has given them work rate and belief, they pull together as a unit and defend as a pack. It’s almost like people think they scrape every game 1-0

Can we point out that athletico have £200m worth of striking talent and are one of Europe’s tops sides. You Wd expect they wd do better then Burnley in most depts. however, Burnley have also not been the playing hoof football.

We have to decide where we are as a club.

I have seen the argument made that none of the top six would take Sam as manager... would they take Dyche or Howe ?

I want to see Sam replaced , but I don't see the point in spending a lot of money to get rid of him only to replace him with somebody who will more or less do the same job and end up more or less in the same place.

Last summer we spent around 200m, probably about 70m -80m net. In January we spent another 50m plus. We were reportedly paying Koeman in excess of 100k per week.
I may be wrong but that level of spending shows ambition... but our next managerial appointment in one week or one year needs to reflect that ambition.
I don't think Dyche or Howe sends signals of ambition. The appointment of Silva is much the same although there is a potential factor going with him... but his appointment would certainly be a risk.

The appointment of somebody like Emery would cause a stir in football. I think it would result in us being talked about before the season at least.

Ok if we can get a world leading talent then fair enough. But if we end up with next an unproven manager such as fonseca, most fans will be excited, even tho his cv isn’t strong enough. Thee is a 50-50 chance we would worse than this season. Dyche would improve our current situation. Not top four, but I’m realistic to realise that wouldn’t happen with Mourinho / Simeone in charge.

If Everton, Saints, Stoke and Leicester hadn't of had bad seasons burnley would be nowhere near 7th. Add to that his football is as bad as Sams the answer is and will always be NO.

But they did? You can't downplay his achievements because of others failure, finishing 7th with Burnley is excellent. I'm not sure Dyche would be the answer to appease the Evertonians at the moment, we are desperate for someone we consider to be a big flashy name.

I think his credentials stack up better than Marco Silvas but one plays attacking football,with not much thought to defence(sounds familiar) and like to have his head turned on the back of limited success and one plays functional football and gets the best out of his players but is loyal to his employers.

Seems to be the trend. English managers are instantly deemed not good enough no matter what they have achieved with smaller Clubs. the only definite is that everyone is a risk, you can't possibly know how anybody will perform until they're in the hot seat.

Which is why I'm fuming I haven't had a call from Everton yet Bernie. NVQ level 2 in togger coaching and not one call to at least give me an interview

Sure I'd be a risk as the eldest group I've ever coached is 11 years old but I'm 63% certain that I'm a 100% better bet than our much despised Samuel

Which is why I'm fuming I haven't had a call from Everton yet Bernie. NVQ level 2 in togger coaching and not one call to at least give me an interview

Sure I'd be a risk as the eldest group I've ever coached is 11 years old but I'm 63% certain that I'm a 100% better bet than our much despised Samuel
lollollol

Tbf, what have English managers achieved recently? None of the top six have English managers. Did anyone see the line up for the next England boss before Southgate was deemed best of the lot. Its a lack of quality

Status
Not open for further replies.