Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not comparing him at the moment, yeah that would be a bit stupid i agree, just give him a bit more time and i reckon he will make a name for himself. I personally think we need to get a more attractive style of play in at the moment just to get everyone happy again and build up some confidence.

He’s following the same path as Allardyce, caution over everything. He’s got a small club stable and having a good season. Reminiscent of his Bolton days

If we were unhappy with Sam's football then Dyche will be booed by halftime of his first game.

Negative Nancy also. Only 4 teams have scored less than his side this season at less than 1 goal a game - he's clearly punching way and above.

It's not laughable at all

There's a definite double standard at play here

Young English Manager uses good defensive principles to make a team better than the sum of its parts = Rubbish

Young Foreign Manager uses good defensive principles to make a team better than the sum of its parts = Tactical Genius

It is laughable because this thing about Simeone being a defensive coach is quite wrong. Athletico play with a real high tempo, attacking at speed and at will.

Simeone has given them work rate and belief, they pull together as a unit and defend as a pack. It’s almost like people think they scrape every game 1-0

There is a lot of snobbery around with this type of thing.

He’s only done with Burnley similar to what Silva did with Estoril, ie perform a lot better than expected with a very tight budget, plus with Burnley in a very competitive league.

Not saying I want him anywhere near Everton. But if he was foreign a lot more of our fan base would be open to him IMO

It is laughable because this thing about Simeone being a defensive coach is quite wrong. Athletico play with a real high tempo, attacking at speed and at will.

Simeone has given them work rate and belief, they pull together as a unit and defend as a pack. It’s almost like people think they scrape every game 1-0

Come on mate they're hardly 1970 Brazil

Sure, they can attack as well, but the strong defensive principles is the building base for their success

Just look at how few goals they've conceded this season in the League, it's exceptional

I doubt Burnley would be vastly more attacking with Simeone at the helm with the same players

Dyche has made lemonade out of a bucket of lemons at Burnley, and he's earned the opportunity to give it a go with a better budget and squad

Again, if he was foreign and was doing this people would be bigging him up. Look at the buzz for Marco Silva, and he didn't get Hull or Watford anywhere close to where Dyche has this Burnley squad over a consistent period of time

It's astounding how well he's done there

I have a growing respect for Dyche, what i really like about him is he gets every bit of effort out of players with clear limits, but function more then the sum of their individuals as a team.

What i would say is it would be moving deck chairs around droping Sam and appointing him, they both play a very direct style and their philosophy on the game is quite similar in my opinion.

Eddie Howe would be an interesting appointment, i like him and like his philosophy, i think we would get worse before getting better as it would take him a while to imbed that philosophy and build. Im not sure he would get the he would need here. He didnt at Burnley.

I have a growing respect for Dyche, what i really like about him is he gets every bit of effort out of players with clear limits, but function more then the sum of their individuals as a team.

What i would say is it would be moving deck chairs around droping Sam and appointing him, they both play a very direct style and their philosophy on the game is quite similar in my opinion.

That first paragraph could have been written about Moyes really, exactly the same as he did when getting us in a better position when he took over.

We aren’t at that level any more, so need somebody to take us forward from where we are now.

Come on mate they're hardly 1970 Brazil

Sure, they can attack as well, but the strong defensive principles is the building base for their success

Just look at how few goals they've conceded this season in the League, it's exceptional

I doubt Burnley would be vastly more attacking with Simeone at the helm with the same players

Dyche has made lemonade out of a bucket of lemons at Burnley, and he's earned the opportunity to give it a go with a better budget and squad

Again, if he was foreign and was doing this people would be bigging him up. Look at the buzz for Marco Silva, and he didn't get Hull or Watford anywhere close to where Dyche has this Burnley squad over a consistent period of time

It's astounding how well he's done there

I’m not denying the work he’s done at Burnley isn’t good, he’s taken a pot sized club and made them quite stable.

Unfortunately this was the same as Allardyce with Bolton, he was lauded as this enthusiastic English manager with great talent for his work. Even Moyes with us, we were struggling and after a while he got us very stable

He’ll never get a top job, those teams demand to be challenging; and that’s why an appointment of him would be suicide. It’ll say, again, that top 7 is where we’re at and we’re happy.

With regards to Silva; not a chance in hell I want him. He’s in the same bucket as Dyche.

Can't help thinking loads of people miss the point quite spectacularly when talking about English/foreign managers. It's not the fancy name that people want, it's simply that we know what these English managers can do, because we're watching them regularly, and familiarity breeds contempt. I wouldn't want us to appoint Puel, or Pellegrino, or Guidolin or anyone like that, same as I wouldn't want us to bring in some of the English names, for exactly the same reason. I don't want exotic, I want exciting. Dyche isn't exciting, so I don't want him. Simple.

Hes done a decent job there,some managers are suited to certain clubs,the problems could arise when the fans want more from his teams,I wouldnt base anything on a 7th place finish though,there has been plenty of managers who have had a good season for it to then go into a downward spiral

Hes done a decent job there,some managers are suited to certain clubs,the problems could arise when the fans want more from his teams,I wouldnt base anything on a 7th place finish though,there has been plenty of managers who have had a good season for it to then go into a downward spiral
HonoredYellowishBuzzard-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.