2023/24 Sean Dyche

….my concern is more about him deciding to move on. I appreciate the monies he’s getting but he’s managing a basket case of a club with little or no support from Board or owner levels. If there’s no light at the end of tunnel and the owner keeps spinning lies, I fear anybody can only take so much.

We're one of the most boring sides to watch in world football. Who is luring him away from us for the same money he's on now?

We're one of the most boring sides to watch in world football. Who is luring him away from us for the same money he's on now?

…. I’ve actually been impressed with us at times this season despite the obvious lack of quality at his disposal. Your opinion is an opinion. I looked back in this thread before Christmas and there was plenty of very complimentary posts about how we were playing.

Arsenal away at the weekend; clearly backs to the wall but you could see us trying to get numbers forward on the break. I set out my views on his achievement in a seperate thread and no need to make the points again.

I actually think there’ll be plenty of Chairmen highly impressed with what Dyche has done. It’s not just his salary, he’ll be very well paid wherever he goes, it’s the circumstances he’s having to work under.

I can’t break confidences on here, suffice to say I’m told Dyche is not only keeping the club together on the pitch.

…. I’ve actually been impressed with us at times this season despite the obvious lack of quality at his disposal. Your opinion is an opinion. I looked back in this thread before Christmas and there was plenty of very complimentary posts about how we were playing.

Arsenal away at the weekend; clearly backs to the wall but you could see us trying to get numbers forward on the break. I set out my views on his achievement in a seperate thread and no need to make the points again.

I actually think there’ll be plenty of Chairmen highly impressed with what Dyche has done. It’s not just his salary, he’ll be very well paid wherever he goes, it’s the circumstances he’s having to work under.

I can’t break confidences on here, suffice to say I’m told Dyche is not only keeping the club together on the pitch.

He's like the third highest paid in the league or something isn't he? If he's not offered that or more, he's not moving.

Also if you have to look back to before Christmas to see when we were playing well... awesome.

Realistically we only need a manager who can keep us in the prem till we're settled into the new stadium

Dyche is probably up to that job despite the financial situation

Not sure it makes sense to rock the boat only to try and find a better survival manager
He did a good job, no issue at all with retaining him for next season.

But some of the praise, well, it's cult level......

He did a good job, no issue at all with retaining him for next season.

But some of the praise, well, it's cult level......

On the one hand it feels like we had a pretty poor season

One the other we've had some major points deductions, a very limited budget and our fair share of injuries

So he probably did pretty well under the circumstances

That's about as fair as my own praise would go but yeah others might see it differently I'm sure