2023/24 Sean Dyche

I find it a bit of a conundrum because to be fair he's done an extremely good job under the off-field circumstances.
However, i just cant see him elevating us any further. I think he'd slowly make our starting 11 nothing but defensive minded, hard working battlers. Its simply not in his plans for a flair player of any description.

I think Dyche is young enough to still evolve as a manager. A lot of our goal scoring issues seem to be the players, not necessarily the strategy. Except for a few matches, we have been creating plenty of opportunities, and then don't finish. We were knocking sitters off the woodwork and the like. It seemed to be contagious during the 4 month non-winning streak.

Besides our woeful financial issues, I think keeping Dyche is the smart move for the club. We need some form of stability, and it looks like the on the pitch management is all we can hope for, for now.

He was extremely fortunate that Maddison missed that pen or we’d have gone down, after the 4-1 debacles at home v Newcastle, he kept Keane in and played Godfrey at RB I think for the Leicester game, Keane at fault for one goal and giving the pen away.
Next game at Brighton Mina and Patterson came back in
Most of your arguments appear to be dealing with if something else happened rather than what actually happened.

If you want to deal with that sort of thing. DCL missed a chance from about a yard out just before the penalty. If he’d scored that chance like 99.9% of footballers would have, then that penalty wouldn’t have happened.

The facts are that he’s massively improved this team this season and we’re sitting in 11th at the moment without any points deductions. This is after all the off field turmoil and having to stay up on the last home game of the season for the previous two seasons.

• Their defensive xG (expected goals) per game was the second worst (1.73) behind only relegated Leeds last season, but this season only four sides boast a better average than the Toffees (1.41).

Clearly then, Dyche evidently knows how the get a team to defend. Coady/Tarkowski had us sat 19th. Coady, was, I'm afraid - awful and never suited in a defence that wasn't a back 3 - the reason Wolves let him go out on loan.

If you want to continue to whine "yeah well, he should have dropped Keane for Mina" - then fair enough. Mina is the better defender, but % football in a relegation scrap and I'll say we needed stability - as you've acknowledged - and Yerry Mina has averaged 13 appearances per season, since his time at Barcelona.

It's remarkable the lengths some go to try an stick one in on Dyche.

I make no apology for repeating myself because some are fickle/ignorant.

A reminder that Dyche come in here;

1691414438571.png

With Arsenal x2, Liverpool A within the first 5 games.

Without a striker.

We all thought we were down.

If we were told he's keep us up, then not spend a bean and reducing wages, then given a 10 point deduction for 4 months of the season the following season - we'd have all snapped your hands off.

He's improved us on our last 2 seasons - we finish closer to Europe than relegation -22 points away from relegation - without spending, and reducing our wages;

1712569419772.png

"but, but, but - he played Michael Keane for a bit"

"We all thought we were down"

-- Youve used stats to make a point but on the above statement why not use stats to show...

...Everton do not do relegation.

I’m quite perplexed how people are saying he doesn’t have favourites, and only changed players when pushed, as regardless of all this injury talk, that’s what he does and did do, with Branthwaite, Myko, Keane, Young, Patterson and others.

I can also see the excellent job he’s done to get us safe in the unbelievably difficult circumstances and including the points deductions. Could another manager have done as well or better, perhaps, but I very much doubt it.

He deserves our support and a chance to go again - I just hope we can get our act together off the field ( moshiri/owndership/no Further deductions) and he can be a bit more tactically proactive on the field, and give younger players more of a chance.

The set up, players and system deployed against Sheff United in a dead rubber was disappointing for me.

Its not a dead rubber when theres a league place and money on the table.

Most of your arguments appear to be dealing with if something else happened rather than what actually happened.

If you want to deal with that sort of thing. DCL missed a chance from about a yard out just before the penalty. If he’d scored that chance like 99.9% of footballers would have, then that penalty wouldn’t have happened.

The facts are that he’s massively improved this team this season and we’re sitting in 11th at the moment without any points deductions. This is after all the off field turmoil and having to stay up on the last home game of the season for the previous two seasons.
If I’d said, remember at 2-1 when Maddison missed that chance, but DCL had missed pen 5 minutes before you’d be laughing at me, we can all argue the toss about how good a chance is in open play. Jamie vardy was also clean through in that game and tried to chip Pickford and hit the bar. But a penalty is a penalty. Everything I said in that post is correct

If I’d said, remember at 2-1 when Maddison missed that chance, but DCL had missed pen 5 minutes before you’d be laughing at me, we can all argue the toss about how good a chance is in open play. Jamie vardy was also clean through in that game and tried to chip Pickford and hit the bar. But a penalty is a penalty. Everything I said in that post is correct
You’re saying what if something else happened and so I am. It’s exactly the same.

The only facts are that we didn’t get relegated and that he’s significantly improved the team this season.

You’re also saying that we can debate how good a chance is in open play. Is any debate needed for how good a chance this was?

568B0D1A-29DD-41E3-B016-93819EDF4691.jpeg

You’re saying what if something else happened and so I am. It’s exactly the same.

The only facts are that we didn’t get relegated and that he’s significantly improved the team this season.

You’re also saying that we can debate how good a chance is in open play. Is any debate needed for how good a chance this was?

View attachment 257250
Yes because he finally came to
His senses and dropped Keane for Mina our best CB who’s been on the bench
For 14 games and we got 7 points out of 12 and that included a game against city.
This was about him being more forgiving when one his favourites is making mistakes
And it nearly cost us last season, we’ve seen it this season with Ashley young

I find it a bit of a conundrum because to be fair he's done an extremely good job under the off-field circumstances.
However, i just cant see him elevating us any further. battlers. Its simply not in his plans for a flair player of any description. I think he'd slowly make our starting 11 nothing but defensive minded, hard working

Flawed manager.

Did well for us this season.

Both can be true.

Yup

Be arsed defending him with in depth posts as he if he is something more than he is

But equally, bored by the negative slant on every aspect of what he has done this season

The back and forth is dull and for this manager and period in our club history alone, we should allow the manager thread to consist purely of cat GIFs for us all to enjoy

Once he's gone we can get back to it

I don't want to labour the point, but that's all we need next season. We aren't going to win anything unless we fluke a cup, and
we just have to stay up, that's all.

Going down and starting at BMD in 25/26 would be horrible, and that's why we can't afford to sell our best players.

Let's wait and see what re-financing and new owner/s can do.