2023/24 Sean Dyche

Big problem for me like, and the stats show it.

He Had the perfect chance to try new things and some of the younger lads and didn’t bother.

Warrington only getting a few mins at the death baffled me tbh.
I'm guessing obviously but I don't think Warrington is in the clubs plans I think putting him on for a couple of minutes was a bit of nice man management to say go and live your dream for a few minutes lad it wasn't to give him experience for us or see what he could do it was just a reward for hard work and a nice thing to do for a kid when the opportunity is there.

I'm guessing obviously but I don't think Warrington is in the clubs plans I think putting him on for a couple of minutes was a bit of nice man management to say go and live your dream for a few minutes lad it wasn't to give him experience for us or see what he could do it was just a reward for hard work and a nice thing to do for a kid when the opportunity is there.
My son is mates, with his mates, who are mates, with some mates of his.

He told me prior to Saturday that Dyche had bigged the lad up and told him he would be given a run out.

Nothing regarding a new contract im afraid.

if dyche had the choice to sign 23 year old morgan whittaker or 37 year old nani we all know he signs nani

don't even kid yourselves
Its funny that even these made up arguments can be used to prove whatever you want them to prove if he chose Whittaker you'd have people saying well of course he wouldn't want Nani because he's foreign and he does fancy tricks he wants Whittaker because he's English and 6 foot 2 he's such a typical Dyche player.

Dyche has been talking him up for a while, and been saying how well he’s been training etc.

We are going to need some of the academy lads next season in and around the team, unless we are planning to offer all the usual suspects new short term deals.

The argument maybe dyche has, and some have on here, for not playing the kids goes away when the threat of relegation has passed, yet he still doesn’t play Warrington.

I’d have sooner saw Lewis come on in the 70th minute than Gomes personally.

If Gomes hadn’t have got the knock would Warrington have got any minutes at all….

My son is mates, with his mates, who are mates, with some mates of his.

He told me prior to Saturday that Dyche had bigged the lad up and told him he would be given a run out.

Nothing regarding a new contract im afraid.
Got talking to Warrington’s brothers mate in the blue house before the Brentford game who told me exactly the same about Lewis getting promised minutes - never happened then either.

no such thing as joint 10th, and no chance we are getting any points against arsenal either so there won't be no "joint" argument to be had anyway after the end of the season
If 2 teams finish with the same number of wins & losses, same goals scored & conceded, and the 2 games versus each other were no-score draws, I think technically joint 10th is possible. Not that it makes any difference tho.

Think Gomes got the minutes mainly due to it being his last game at Goodison, would hope and expect Lewis to get an extended look in the Arsenal game. I think he would have made the team under Lampard if he didn't get injured, hopefully next season he's involved more

Dyche has been talking him up for a while, and been saying how well he’s been training etc.

We are going to need some of the academy lads next season in and around the team, unless we are planning to offer all the usual suspects new short term deals.

The argument maybe dyche has, and some have on here, for not playing the kids goes away when the threat of relegation has passed, yet he still doesn’t play Warrington.

I’d have sooner saw Lewis come on in the 70th minute than Gomes personally.

If Gomes hadn’t have got the knock would Warrington have got any minutes at all….
That what I'm saying really that Dyche has let him go and get on the pitch because he's been training well but that doesn't mean he's actually got the ability to play at this level consistently I'm not saying he definitely hasn't but he obviously couldn't get a game in the championship and i remember someone posting on here that the coaches there had said he wasn't even close to getting games he was well off the pace. Like I said i'm guessing but theres not a lot on Warringtons CV that makes me think he's going to be playing regularly for us I assumed he was just getting a reward for hard work and being a good lad i'd love to be wrong about that though.

Think Gomes got the minutes mainly due to it being his last game at Goodison, would hope and expect Lewis to get an extended look in the Arsenal game. I think he would have made the team under Lampard if he didn't get injured, hopefully next season he's involved more
Think we’re going to let him go actually, more chance of us signing Gazza back, or even Lampard as a midfielder than any of the kids playing meaningful minutes.

But that's what I mean - it's not. It goes both ways, not just "play 10 defenders", that doesn't make it pragmatic. The same way Pep, as his name gets thrown around because clearly if we don't like hoofball we must only enjoy Pepball, is pragmatic in a more expansive way in wanting to play his way but obviously preparing (and overthinking) for the opposition he's up against, just like every decent manager.

We don't do the thing in bold. Dyche himself, after we played hoofball 4-4-1-1 for 5 months, bafflingly stated "we switched it up and went a bit more long ball" against Burnley lol as apparently that was something we don't do anyway. It will be the exact same 4-4-1-1 long ball regardless of players, maybe switch to a massively different 4-4-2 and long ball.

I'm okay with actual pragmatism but we have overly defensive negativity, not pragmatism. You have to have a plan going forward too for it to actually be pragmatic. In real life terms - this is currently planning only and entirely to not lose money, ignoring the part where you have to make a profit to keep the business running.
We haven’t the players to play free flowing football.

We’ve done the best with what we have and been realistic, which is what pragmatism is.

We haven’t the players to play free flowing football.

We’ve done the best with what we have and been realistic, which is what pragmatism is.
Literally haven't said anything about free flowing football at all, why do you keep using the other buzzword?

In fact, the post is nothing to do with free flowing football, it's about the definition and use of pragmatism.

Even more in fact, I've not said anything about free flowing football in any serious conversation here for a long time I believe, so no idea why it keeps getting pulled up out of nowhere like this?

It's like talking to a wall here sometimes, next up I expect "behave lad" :)