2023/24 Sean Dyche

But Dyche had a huge clear out of players. We had to spend that to get a squad to play. 40m is nothing in today market.
Infact anything less than 25m is likely to be a squad player or huge risk.
We are comparing apples and pairs and I was happy with ancelotti and happy Dyche.
Not really a ‘huge’ clear out. Yeah we sold a few youth players as well, but not really ones Dyche used.

Main outs from last season squad (of who was available for Dyche):
gray, Iwobi, mina, Davies, Coady, Maupay

Ins: Branthwaite, Gomes, Beto, Danjuma, Young, Harrison.

Davies, Mina and Coady barely got on the pitch under him anyway so were hardly a miss.

It is a describing word, but it's not what's happening here, hence me calling it a buzzword as it's being thrown around for no reason.

It’s exactly what’s happening. Hence;

Pragmatic means, this is what I have so this is what I can make. For example: I can get this limited team to this this points total by playing this system.

Ideologically minded are you Martinez and pep. Where there’s a style of play that will always happen, in Martinez case whether it’s working or not

Delusional is thinking about getting Gordan Ramsey into cook you gormet meals when there’s only findus crispy pancakes in the freezer. A number of a fans are in this category at the minute… wanting champagne football with shandy bass players

I would. I prefer losing and being relegated whilst playing ineffectual attacking football, like Leicester last season.
Sean Dyche has won more points since November than Posteceglou, despite Everton not winning a game for four months.

Food for thought for some of the tactical genius soccer puritans on here. You know who you are.

The one thing Dyche brings is stability, is he ever going to win us a trophy? No clearly not! But his style is almost guaranteeing safety and that is what Moyes, Pullis, Allardyce and the likes made their careers from.

Trying to play good football is riskier it opens you up to more issues and with Everton's lack of pace and shocking ball players trying to play attacking football would be laughable.

Everton also don't win games when we concede first and can you trust a squad who have flirted with relegation for three years to mentally keep attacking when we are 1-0 down, 2-0 down. I think these players would crumble doing that.

Everton don't have the finances to address the change in styles therefore, until Everton sort themselves out Dyche is the man for the job

Think its high time some of the lampard-ettes ate some humble pie and adm
'anything more than take us down' he got us enough points for 11th place after two successive relegation seasons and we beat the sh1*e for the first time in 14 years at goodison
Another big Lampard fan that fella mate, they have a hard old time admitting Dyche is a huge improvement

I agree, that four month winless streak (a record for Everton) was great. Can’t believe he managed to keep us up against three of the worst teams to ever play in the premier league.

Truly the pinnacle of management.

Can’t wait to fill the squad with more Ashley Youngs and Jack Harrison’s so we can all do this dance again next year about how crap the squad is and how we can’t possibly expect one of the highest paid managers in the world to do anything more than take us down.
No ones denying the winless streak was awful, one thing is true though, the winless run under Dyche was far less damaging than our winless run under Tory Frank

1-0 West Ham, 1-2 southampton and 3-0 Palace are the only league games we won under tory boy in 22/23 right?

Trying to play good football is riskier it opens you up to more issues and with Everton's lack of pace and shocking ball players trying to play attacking football would be laughable.

Unfortunately for Sean Dyche football is a form of entertainment

If you're not entertaining the fans with good/not terrible football then is it really football anymore?

At that point the scousers on here should probably start going to Liverpool St Helens for the rugby

No ones denying the winless streak was awful, one thing is true though, the winless run under Dyche was far less damaging than our winless run under Tory Frank

1-0 West Ham, 1-2 southampton and 3-0 Palace are the only league games we won under tory boy in 22/23 right?
Leave the politics out of it. It’s boring.

Both managers have had really poor runs of games.

Both have achieved what was expected of them at the point they were brought in. Of keeping us up. And the fans only wanted Lampard as it was a choice of 2 crap options.

Dyche is a better manager than Lampard. Still doesn’t make him a great manager.

Unfortunately for Sean Dyche football is a form of entertainment

If you're not entertaining the fans with good/not terrible football then is it really football anymore?

At that point the scousers on here should probably start going to Liverpool St Helens Football Club for the rugby
I do agree it should be entertaining and if we could play good football consistently with a world class manager that would be great. But I can't see how we can do that for a few years at least

Inappropriate Language

Both have achieved what was expected of them at the point they were brought in. Of keeping us up. And the fans only wanted Lampard as it was a choice of 2 crap options.

I'll say what I want, He's a Self-confessed tory [Poor language removed] who fawned over Cameron in the lead up to the 2010 election.

I do agree it should be entertaining and if we could play good football consistently with a world class manager that would be great. But I can't see how we can do that for a few years at least

Yeah fair enough

Realistically the main issues the club has had have been financial mismanagement/DoF/poor player purchasing decisions

Outside of maybe Koeman very few of our recent managers have had much to work with

Way too much buying in old worn out players who were past their best

Almost as if we've been some kind of money laundering machine

There will come a point when playing entertaining football is more important than having a manager that can get the team to mid table.

I mean there has to be right? Otherwise what is the point.
People will just get to this point at different times.

Agree with that i'm far from a dyche fan but W0 D5 L7 is better than W1 D1 L10

There will come a point when playing entertaining football is more important than having a manager that can get the team to mid table.

I mean there has to be right? Otherwise what is the point.
People will just get to this point at different times.
We definitely aren’t there yet though are we