2023/24 Sean Dyche

Exactly, the only place is West Ham and he is the total opposite of what they are looking for.
Could see him going to Forest. That's only if we decide to get rid of him though, this idea that he could manage a bigger club than Everton (essentially a top 6 club) is madness. The only reason he got the Everton job in the first place is cos we are a absolute shambles on and off the pitch. He definitely has a ceiling, mainly cos his approach and philosophy is more suited to players who are limited in terms of ability.

Could see him going to Forest. That's only if we decide to get rid of him though, this idea that he could manage a bigger club than Everton (essentially a top 6 club) is madness. The only reason he got the Everton job in the first place is cos we are a absolute shambles on and off the pitch. He definitely has a ceiling, mainly cos his approach and philosophy is more suited to players who are limited in terms of ability.
I guess it depends what happens to Forest (I still think they were mad to get rid of Cooper tbh) I have no idea what contract NES is on but one of the reasons he never came here that time was the fact he has about 10 backroom people so getting rid of him won't be cheap and Forest have had PSR stuff as we know.

Hes done well keeping us up but he's making us a team of footballer who can't play football. Godfrey, Garner, Doucoure all painful to watch

He didn’t buy any of them….

These lads have never been able to play football, that’s not on Dyche. Keane Coleman Gueye Doucoure Mykolenko DCL, none of them can handle a football properly at all. How do you get that lot playing free flowing attacking do it all? You can’t.

He didn’t buy any of them….

These lads have never been able to play football, that’s not on Dyche. Keane Coleman Gueye Doucoure Mykolenko DCL, none of them can handle a football properly at all. How do you get that lot playing free flowing attacking do it all? You can’t.
This might be true but it will be the same for players he does buy
There's no way that team try many varied attacking patterns of play in training because we'd see them trying and failing at them
Dyche has a style, it's not the worst but it has a ceiling

Fascinating thread this. I can scroll down and literally change my opinion from comment to comment 🤣
Real diverse manager.
It’s weird isn’t it, I’ve flip flopped on him all season, most acutely felt by winning four games in the spin then something like 15 with no wins, but overall, I think given the turbulence, he has done ok. I know people criticise his formations and attacking patterns of play and I get that, but when just isolate small snippets or passages of 0lay, some of these players have almost zero technical ability and struggle to even play a simple pass under pressure. Whether he should coaching them better in that regard is another matter, but he’s not blessed with the most technical squad.

Just as an aside as well, any manager (inc Dyche) who can’t look to strengthen his squad when required, is always limited in what they can do….as a more general point I’d love to see transfer windows binned and return to the normal, players can be signed and registered at any time. I think this would also slow inflationary pressures as its then not a cattle market.

It’s weird isn’t it, I’ve flip flopped on him all season, most acutely felt by winning four games in the spin then something like 15 with no wins, but overall, I think given the turbulence, he has done ok. I know people criticise his formations and attacking patterns of play and I get that, but when just isolate small snippets or passages of 0lay, some of these players have almost zero technical ability and struggle to even play a simple pass under pressure. Whether he should coaching them better in that regard is another matter, but he’s not blessed with the most technical squad.
Though I'm Dyche in for now, he's earned it, I can't agree with the zero technical ability and there is a lot to be said for the style of coaching
Trusting the players to demonstrate ability by training with it would be the thing

They clearly don't and set up to play a certain way. Dyche has an MO and we just need to accept it tbh
Even very technical gifted players will lose it and be poor under pressure if they don't train on it

I would like to see an overlapping FB from time to time though

As things stand financially it's Dyche or someone from our youth setup.

It might even be better for Moshiri if Dyches wages go along with our best players.

But you can forget decent replacements.

This might be true but it will be the same for players he does buy
There's no way that team try many varied attacking patterns of play in training because we'd see them trying and failing at them
Dyche has a style, it's not the worst but it has a ceiling

Well we can’t blame him for stuff he hasn’t done yet.

All we have to go off is how he played at Burnley and 18 months at basket case Everton where most of the players aren’t his.

If he had the 13/14 squad and he had Stones leathering long diagonals at Mirallas’s head and he was keeping Deulofeu on the bench and playing Alacarz upfront so we could get 44 points, then I’d be alongside everyone criticising him at the moment for only playing a certain style.

Dyche’s style isn’t the limiting ceiling on the football we can play here though. Its the quality of the players, its an absolutely terrible squad and absolutely nowhere near the levels of the 13/14 squad which is what you need to challenge European places and consistently play good football.

The 04/05 squad didn’t play great football under Moyes but came 4th. Even that thought had players in Gravesen Cahill Osman Arteta who are miles and miles ahead of any player in this squad now. Osman and Arteta even as they are now in their 40s could probably outplay most of our midfield.

Some Everton fans massively overrate this squad. Outside of Pickford Branthwaite and Onana, no European team would want a single one of our players. They’re absolutely bang average at best. People still think it’s the Moyes/Martinez period when any club in Europe would have taken Stones Baines Coleman Arteta Pienaar Lukaku Mirallas Barkley Fellaini etc.

We’re nowhere nowhere near that. It’s a bottom half PL squad of some extremely average players.

….at this point in time I think Dyche is the club’s most valuable asset. I’d certainly be getting him on a new contract.
I think we are easily impressed at times and give new contracts out like candy, I recall Martinez after his first season, 72 points, previous season won FA cup, we award him a new contract and the following season ends up on something like 49 points. I’m not saying don’t consider it, but this is something for next season. If he doesn’t want to be here, and I think we all sense his frustration in pressers and interviews, then he won’t sign a new contract at this stage anyway.