2023/24 Sean Dyche

3 wins in 3, cant and wont complain.

That was a rag tag team we threw together yesterday and we got a win, thought we also played some nice football, fell apart in the final 3rd, but it was a shining light on a very poor game overall, very flat and after Wednesday its to be expected.

Bah, im gonna have to give the fella another 6months you know, HATE it when Everton win.

I wont support him, cos my jinx is real, but im not totally against giving him till Xmas.

I know, nobody asked.

Kept us up with 3 games to spare. No horrible h attack games left.
After being deducted 8 points, 8 points ffs.
Mate, we surved last season in the last game.

He's got my utmost respect

Sometimes, the football can be rough, but a lot of the time, the football is attacking and dangerous, with a very clear plan.
I can live with that whilst we are still finding our way.

Sorry but I would take Dyche over some unknown 'shot in the dark' German/ Potter type coach , who is going to play expansive football; with the current squad , with a 50% chance of it going pear shaped.
Not sure people realise the psychological effect on the players of the second point deduction. Obviously they were terrified of losing and this goes some way to explan the winless run.
Under the circumstances Dyche has done a very good job : points deductions, ownership saga, no money to strengthen the squad..
Generally, his teams are organised. disciplined, hard working and hard to beat, apart from Chelsea and the response has been excellent.
Best manager since Moyes and deserves the chance to continue. Given a level playing field, I would expect a mid table finish, if we can bring in a few players, on the back of an Ohana sale. The football is not always pretty, but you know what you are getting and it is gradually improvement.

The sack mentality, has done nothing but destabilase the club for 7 years, cost us 10s of millions and led to a rag tag incoherent squad put together by an accleltic group of managers, absolute Moshiri-ness.

We need to be moving away from that.
It’s definitely saved us from getting relagated a couple of times too though

3 wins in 3, cant and wont complain.

That was a rag tag team we threw together yesterday and we got a win, thought we also played some nice football, fell apart in the final 3rd, but it was a shining light on a very poor game overall, very flat and after Wednesday its to be expected.

Bah, im gonna have to give the fella another 6months you know, HATE it when Everton win.

I wont support him, cos my jinx is real, but im not totally against giving him till Xmas.

I know, nobody asked.
I'm afraid I will be giving him until next season's end with the proviso that there's no 14 or so game winless streak.

With our finances, I don't see the overall quality of the individual squad members increasing any time soon, but with some continuity in the coaching set up and choosing new players to fit into the current squad we should be more effective.

It does mean Dycheball becomes more ingrained into the side which is not too great, but it's going to take us a few years to get out of the financial hole we're in and who out there offers a better managerial option to keep us up and do that as quickly as possible?

If Dyche keeps us up and can start offering us decent football against the pragmatic background of us sorting out financial matters then he could be here a long long time.

As an aside, I think a manager needs to come through a bad patch to demonstrate that he can survive it and that he's the boss no matter what, which I hope is the case now. Also key next season will be making sure there's no prolonged streaks without a win.

No one asked me either!

I mean playing the most terrible style of football imaginable, Dyche doesn’t try to beat teams by being better than them he depends on being less bad than them. We rely on set pieces, we defend in numbers and try to seek a 1-0. Today was the perfect example of how we will continue to be under Sean Dyche, today’s game is success in his style of football. If you want Everton to be Burnley then you want Dyche, if you can only see a future of staving of relegation then again Sean Dyche is your man. If you want a club striving for success rather than staving of failure Dyche is not your man.
Horses for courses. Success right now is staving off failure/relegation and will continue to be until we can move into the new stadium and go some way to fixing our finances.

Or longest winless run in the league and also ours in 30 years .

We have had some crap teams over the past 30 years and we have never gone that long without a win.

One of the lowest scorers in the league , baffling sibs and game management and consistently having to watch the worst game of football on show that weekend …

Thanks for keeping us up but if we are able to juggle finances and actually have a transfer kitty this year, I would want someone else to spend it
Next year is going to be another year or trying to survive

We can't get anyone better. Nor should we even attempt it. Were it not for circumstances beyond his control and awful finishing we'd on for European football. I struggle to see anyone doing that with this squad. Some of you need to accept we are not the Everton of the 80s. We're terrible. For who we are, for where we are, for the reality, not the fantasy, of Everton as an institution, Dyche is the man for the moment. If things go pear-shaped we can reassess. But its just silly to replace a manager doing fantastic work because he's unfashionable and we're deluded enough to think we 'deserve' better.
Why hadn’t you been on here Since February? And we’re now nearly in May

I will tell you why, because you dyche fans boys have been in hiding, at least I’m on here no mater what’s happening on the pitch. And things did go pear shaped we didn’t win a game in nearly 4 months. After the Chelsea debacle, the majority of fans on here, on social media, podcasts, where all saying let’s just get safe and get him gone in the summer. You wouldn’t have seen any of that though, because you would have still been in your bunker.

And now you and all the others have crawled out your little holes to tell us all how amazing he is and how lucky we’re to have. All this it’s not the 80’s , you obviously have the same mentality as a certain owner/ chairman who has nearly destroyed this club, luckily we also have fans who could what he was doing.

It’s ok to say dyche has done a good job, but you want something different.

Why hadn’t you been on here Since February? And we’re now nearly in May

I will tell you why, because you dyche fans boys have been in hiding, at least I’m on here no mater what’s happening on the pitch. And things did go pear shaped we didn’t win a game in nearly 4 months. After the Chelsea debacle, the majority of fans on here, on social media, podcasts, where all saying let’s just get safe and get him gone in the summer. You wouldn’t have seen any of that though, because you would have still been in your bunker.

And now you and all the others have crawled out your little holes to tell us all how amazing he is and how lucky we’re to have. All this it’s not the 80’s , you obviously have the same mentality as a certain owner/ chairman who has nearly destroyed this club, luckily we also have fans who could what he was doing.

It’s ok to say dyche has done a good job, but you want something different.
I can honestly say I've never noticed you on here till I caught you farting out your mouth in Ashley Young thread...god knows where you have come from.

Trouble is to get that defence he has to Instruct everyone not to cross the half way line .

It’s dinosaur tactics and to rely on long balls and set pieces to get narrow wins , you will always be relying on other teams mistakes to score.

This leads to inconsistent results and long , demoralising periods and also means when you concede first you are unlikely to be able to turn it around as you rely on the opposition to come at you, which they don’t usually if they’re wining
This is what some can’t understand, I said last night he’s basically tossing a coin every week it’s no strategy for success or to move forward as a team.

It’s probably been said ten times over but if we take 6 points from the final 9 and add the 8 points we were deducted, we’d finish the season on 50 points.

I think we all would have taken that happily at the beginning of the season. Kudos to Dyche!
Good player but doesn't track back enough for Dyche