2023/24 Sean Dyche

People are utterly delusional as to what our club has become. Keep reading people saying they can't get excited for the future with dyche as manager, that he's not the man to take us forward. Previously it was that he'll turn us into burnley

This summer we'll probably need to make 100m plus on transfers and cut 20m off the wage bill. We'll probably still have no ownership sorted and we'll probably still be facing points deductions and even potential financial ruin.

We aren't in a position to look upwards. We are still battling for our lives. Dyche has done an amazing job and half the forum still think everton are fancy and looking for a manager to match that and take us back into Europe. The clubs are the brink and people are crying cos we didn't make enough pretty patterns when winning our 44pts (and counting) or that we won them in spells rather than consistency. Yeah let's move him on have a punt on a name who might end up being the next lampard and give him a squad of players that can't play pretty football. Let's risk it all because we still want to pretend we are fancy

…I think there’s a lot of snobbery when it comes to having him as Everton manager. There’s a stereotype of Dyche; ‘hoofball’, ‘Dyche fit’, ‘playing his favourites’, ‘doesn’t want quality’ etc. it’s an utter nonsense. Let other fans enjoy the stereotype whilst we fight against the tide with him at the helm.

Doing an amazing job.

…I think there’s a lot of snobbery when it comes to having him as Everton manager. There’s a stereotype of Dyche; ‘hoofball’, ‘Dyche fit’, ‘playing his favourites’, ‘doesn’t want quality’ etc. it’s an utter nonsense. Let other fans enjoy the stereotype whilst we fight against the tide with him at the helm.

Doing an amazing job.
Worst winless run in 67yrs, worst defeat in
19yrs. Lowest scorers from open play,
Most of our chances and goals from set pieces, never win from conceding first.
Whatever job you think he’s doing, isn’t he living up to his stereotype

….its why the club has to give him a new & improved deal. It’s going to be a sticky few seasons but I love this little swipe at the PL from his post match comments;

View attachment 254505
'Now we are beginning to change it'

We have won 12 games in a 9 month season and half of them were won in just a 2 week purple patch (This week and just after the points deduction)
The other 30 odd weeks weve been utter aids.

You've achieved what you was paid to do, thanks for that, but time to move on in the summer.

Horses for courses. Success right now is staving off failure/relegation and will continue to be until we can move into the new stadium and go some way to fixing our finances.
Exactly. While I've made my concerns about Dyche's long-term suitability known, it's based on my projected view of what Everton should be - what I want.

In reality, we need to be thinking about what Everton needs in the here and now, and within the medium term. Our ownership isn't sorted, nor are our finances.

On one hand, you could say that this squad isn't the relegation-bound, quality-short squad people believe it to be because we really should be in 13th.

But on the other hand, will this squad improve over the summer because of the off-field issues, or will it decline? If we have to sell, what will be able to bring in?

It's nice that we now have a buffer before the season ends, and we can begin to spend this time looking for the future, but we need to be realistic it may not be easy.

Done a brilliant job whilst the club has been deducted points, had to sell players that I’m sure he would have liked to keep and has us with the 4th best defence in the league, and I think 2nd most clean sheets, if we can add some creativity to the midfield I’m hoping we can improve again next season, literally no point or need to change the manager at the moment, the club needs some form of stability on the pitch at least.

Come on mate...chin up...Bluer Skies are ahead.
Not for me , sadly .
I can only see grey skies .
I feel I am increasingly out of step with the expectations of not only the club but my fellow supporters.
Perhaps it is time for me to accept that my relationship with Everton is irretrievably broken and ,with deep regret , move on.
It’s a bugger about all the tattoos though 😀

'Now we are beginning to change it'

We have won 12 games in a 9 month season and half of them were won in just a 2 week purple patch (This week and just after the points deduction)
The other 30 odd weeks weve been utter aids.

You've achieved what you was paid to do, thanks for that, but time to move on in the summer.

A large part of our issues has been chopping and changing managers. We could get the new bloke in and he might be a disaster, then we have to find someone else in Jan, rinse and repeat. We are still a basket case. There is going to be tough decisions ahead which will strip even more quality from the side. I don't think you are paying due attention to how many managers have looked utterly lost and broken on the sideline.

Dyche has the opportunity to put 50 or nearly points on the board. That's exactly what we would have taken at the start. Therefore he deserves another season to show what he can do, hopefully without the noise of points deductions. It's not going to be great but least we will fight.

He sets up to defend and has some brilliant defenders. We have to be in the top half of Best defence under this
Manager or we’d go down, that’s what
Happened at Burnley in the end

Brilliant defenders? The same crop had us in the bottom 3 under Lampard last season. The only difference has been Branthwaite coming in for Mina and Coady, and even that was at the insistence of Dyche.

If Patterson had stayed fit he probably would have played a lot more, and Godfrey had opportunities to build some form which has only happened recently, Mykolenko has also started picking up injuries. Young doesn’t play as much if these things don’t happen. He’s had a few bad games but also a load of game where you don’t notice he’s even playing. It’s a bizarre thing for people to keep moaning about the selection of one player.

Done a brilliant job whilst the club has been deducted points, had to sell players that I’m sure he would have liked to keep and has us with the 4th best defence in the league, and I think 2nd most clean sheets, if we can add some creativity to the midfield I’m hoping we can improve again next season, literally no point or need to change the manager at the moment, the club needs some form of stability on the pitch at least.
Not sure what you’ve seen to think he will buy or play more creative players, he will play doucoure every game next year at number 10, even though he’s been poor since coming back from injury, had pace with dobbin and something different out wide in danjuma, but never plays them,
Even when McNeil and Harrison were stinking the gaff out week after week.
He has his style and what players will
Implement it and he will buy or loan that type