2023/24 Sean Dyche

Why do you think Dyche is here? He sat unemployed for a year, the only job he was even rumoured to be linked to was Norwich and they went for David Wagner instead lol. Sean Dyche is on a total package of £8m here, that's absolutely ridiculous for a manager who has never graduated beyond the ABC of football, we could find a manager in League 1 who could do that and pay them £500k a year and save a fortune.

Q: What do Ange Postecoglu, Thomas Frank, David Moyes, Eddie Howe, Unai Emery, Marco Silva, Roberto De Zerbi, and Andoni Iraola all have in common?

A: They are all on less money than what Dyche is on.

I know things are a mess but we are not seeing £8m worth of manager on show here imo.
Wait, Dyche is really on £8m per year????? Nooooo.

100%. I just cant understand how more folk cant see this! Have we had a bad run, yes, would we have more points now without deductions tham we have for quite a few season, yes. A bad run doesnt make a season and sometimes you have to play horrible football to get what you need.
It is possible to see this and desire more
They aren't mutually exclusive
I applaud the job he's done, (will have done) but I am not excited about watching another few years of this style of footy
Having said that i won't be distraught if he's still here come August and will be right behind him again

Why do you think Dyche is here? He sat unemployed for a year, the only job he was even rumoured to be linked to was Norwich and they went for David Wagner instead lol. Sean Dyche is on a total package of £8m here, that's absolutely ridiculous for a manager who has never graduated beyond the ABC of football, we could find a manager in League 1 who could do that and pay them £500k a year and save a fortune.

Q: What do Ange Postecoglu, Thomas Frank, David Moyes, Eddie Howe, Unai Emery, Marco Silva, Roberto De Zerbi, and Andoni Iraola all have in common?

I know things are a mess but we are not seeing £8m worth of manager on show here imo.

How much is Ange on? Seeing conte was on £15m+ and Postecoglu was on £2m+ at Celtic and rumoured to be getting five times that now.

Anyway, that doesn't change that fact that yes, we're criminally over paying Dyche

We overpay players too for what we get in return
Moshman, thanks for the stadium, but you are a shocking accountant lol

How much is Ange on? Seeing conte was on £15m+ and Postecoglu was on £2m+ at Celtic and rumoured to be getting five times that now.

Anyway, that doesn't change that fact that yes, we're criminally over paying Dyche
Same as Dyche - £5m, I'm not his biggest fan if I'm honest and I don't know how long Spurs fans will put up with his kamikaze style but he is streets ahead of Dyche as a coach.

What you need to understand Cjplennon is that for some people, being negative online is a coping mechanism. We could be top of the league and some on 'ere would be ripping into one of our squad players. There simply had to be a better free signing than Ashley Young, no proof that there was, but listening to the voices in their heads, there just had to be.

The internet is a tool for beta's who feel voiceless in the world to vent their frustrations out to the rest of us. Unfortunately we have little option but to listen to the never ending bed wetting.

NEGATIVE ONLINE.

What a gobshite.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Conte on 15m is really much wow didn't know it was that much, despite having won 3 league titles with 3 different clubs and him being world class.

I've said from day 1 that Dyche's job this season is to keep us up with as many games to spare as possible. If not for the points deductions, we'd be sat on 38 points and mathematically safe with 5 games still to play. Even with the points deductions we're more than likely going to stay up. Job done.

I've seen a lot spoken about the current bottom 3 being the worst ever, and there are stronger teams coming up next season. Now, that may be true, but the last time a team on 38 points would have been relegated is all the way back in the 2010/2011 season, when the bottom looked like this:

1713874907860.png

So a 'stronger bottom 3' certainly doesn't automatically mean we're done for next season. We stayed up last season on 36 when the bottom 3 (on paper at least) seemed stronger than those now.

For what it's worth, given the 'noise' surrounding this season, I think he's done/is doing a good job. A Sean Dyche Everton is not an Everton I want to see, but I'll give him credit for keeping a club that is in the hideous state we are currently in at least relatively stable from a footballing point of view. We've gained a lot of points from the teams in and around us and nicked the odd one or two from those positioned higher up the table... Over the years, how often have we lamented dropping points in games we 'should' be winning? For the most part, Dyche has managed that.

I don't think he's going anywhere unless our ownership situation is sorted out.

I've said from day 1 that Dyche's job this season is to keep us up with as many games to spare as possible. If not for the points deductions, we'd be sat on 38 points and mathematically safe with 5 games still to play. Even with the points deductions we're more than likely going to stay up. Job done.

I've seen a lot spoken about the current bottom 3 being the worst ever, and there are stronger teams coming up next season. Now, that may be true, but the last time a team on 38 points would have been relegated is all the way back in the 2010/2011 season, when the bottom looked like this:

View attachment 253904

So a 'stronger bottom 3' certainly doesn't automatically mean we're done for next season. We stayed up last season on 36 when the bottom 3 (on paper at least) seemed stronger than those now.

For what it's worth, given the 'noise' surrounding this season, I think he's done/is doing a good job. A Sean Dyche Everton is not an Everton I want to see, but I'll give him credit for keeping a club that is in the hideous state we are currently in at least relatively stable from a footballing point of view. We've gained a lot of points from the teams in and around us and nicked the odd one or two from those positioned higher up the table... Over the years, how often have we lamented dropping points in games we 'should' be winning? For the most part, Dyche has managed that.

I don't think he's going anywhere unless our ownership situation is sorted out.

I think you`re overlooking the fact that one of the three that are almost certainly coming up, Leicester, look like they are getting smacked by FFP.

This refers to when they were in the Premier League, so any penalties, will be valid next season if they get promoted.

There`s talk of them being banned from signing players too.

Leeds aren`t any better than when they went down, they`ve sold a few of their better players and have only recently started to find form.

Possibly Ipswich may have a go, depending on how wisely they recruit.

Southampton, are still Southampton - flaky.

So, I don`t think any of the the teams who look likely to get promoted this season, will be pulling up trees tbh.