2023/24 Sean Dyche

I honestly think we are going to go 18 without a win … I don’t know why I feel that is the number but I think that’s what it will be … hope im wrong

That would surely be close to a Premier League record, would be completely and utterly absurd and absolutely deserving of the sack. Would make us arguably a top 3 worst Premier League team of all time.

I want to see him succeed, but I want him sacked if we lose today, not that he will be though. It's a simply unacceptable run of results, to put it lightly. Any other manager, you'd think, would have been able to steal at least one victory over the past four months.

It's not good enough to point the finger at the players, VAR and finances - some of the teams we've come up against this season are much smaller than us and still turned us over, mostly at Goodison which just makes it even worse.

Even prior to December, we lost at home to Luton, failed to beat Sheffield United, lost at home to Wolves and Fulham - completely and utterly unacceptable results.

To not take even one victory in games against Bournemouth, West Ham, Palace and Fulham in this recent 'run' is pathetic.

The manager, you can only assume, is the one telling Tarkowski and Branthwaite to constantly lash the ball up field aimlessly. How many times do we need to see it fly out of play or to the goalkeeper with our nearest player 30 yards away?

I fully understand we have the worst wing options probably in the top two divisions and, as the manager doesn't trust them, you need to find other ways to play, but he's not finding other (successful) ways to play.

We have Onana who would look brilliant in a better team (which we'll see next season), Gueye with tons of experience, James Garner who was a creative, set piece-scoring dynamo at Forest before he joined us (not that he's not been good this season, but like Onana he can't really influence games where it matters due to the dross around him).

The manager is the one selecting third choice centre halves and playing them at right back, then left back, then right back again, when actual full backs, international ones at that, are fully fit and sat on the bench. How a journalist hasn't asked the question about Patterson I'll never know. Is it that hard to ask "Nathan Patterson hasn't been getting much game time this season, even with injuries to the only other real right backs in Coleman and Young. What are you looking for from him to bring him into contention for a start?" I'm not in any way suggesting he's a brilliant full back, but, come on, he's better than Ben Godfrey.

So Dyche has got himself to blame for this run. Just two victories since December would probably have us safe already, yet here we are with a handful of games left, another points deduction to come, and now needing to attain the highest average points-per-game in recent history to stay up.

I dont think he would have had a say mate.

Previous managers and DoF have implied that it was a feeding frenzy, with everybody buying players on a whim.

But anyway, if he wins tomorrow, he can chat as much wham as he wants.

You say that, and you might be right, but Dyche reckons he actually did it as soon as he came in to the club:

“I am not judging anyone, but the story has been out there a long time,” added Dyche. “I am definitely not judging managers because on the pitch is a different thing. But somebody had to, down that timeline, say: ‘Hang on a minute’. Someone. I certainly did. When I first got here, before the first deadline. We were linked with a few players and they were going to have a go and I said: ‘You can’t do that, we haven’t got that money and we are going to need that money more in the summer than we do now’. It was a big risk but we got the first job [staying in the Premier League] done. I have to take the heat along the way but I am not going to change my belief in it.

Don't reckon he'd make that up, myself. A lot of people he works with would know if he was lying about it. Most people tend not to lie for no apparent reason, especially when people around you will read it and know it's a lie..

You're probably right in regards to his concerns would have been brushed aside a few years ago

Hmm he’s gone from ‘I don’t get involved with any of the financial stuff’ to ‘I stopped us signing players on my first day because I knew the accounts inside out’.

Not what he said though, is it?

Knowing how much money is likely to be available to spend (i.e what he's told is gonna be available to spend, and by all accounts he was promised very little) is not the same as 'knowing the accounts inside and out' is it now?

You say that, and you might be right, but Dyche reckons he actually did it as soon as he came in to the club:

Don't reckon he'd make that up, myself. A lot of people he works with would know if he was lying about it. Most people tend not to lie for no apparent reason, especially when people around you will read it and know it's a lie..

You're probably right in regards to his concerns would have been brushed aside a few years ago
But its not for no reason mate.

Its so he can claim that the club was broken when he got here and its not his fault, hes only here to help, if he wants to help he can take a pay cut or resign at the end of the season. Otherwise its just some more of that noise he talks about.

Kia Joorabchian was his agent.

Dyche slapping down Moshiri.

This club badly needs that medicine.
Instead of signing this fella on a free he then went and spent 40million on Strikers in the next window.

EOX_2n_WsAAhdZE.jpg

He was here for probably less than 24 hours as he was apparently stopping transfers and the DoF going for players by the way

But its not for no reason mate.

Its so he can claim that the club was broken when he got here and its not his fault,

Well, He doesn't need to lie about stuff for that to be true. It was broken when he got here. Not even up for debate.

Besides that, his DoF, amongst other people at the club - probably including senior players- will read that and know it's a lie,, if that is what it is.

Just don't buy it mate.

Well, He doesn't need to lie about stuff for that to be true. It was broken when he got here. Not even up for debate.

Besides that, his DoF, amongst other people at the club - probably including senior players- will read that and know it's a lie,, if that is what it is.

Just don't buy it mate.
I havent believed a word any manager we had in the last 40 years has said mate, they all lie.

But its not that important currently, what is important is winning games, if he does that, he doesnt need to make excuses.