2023/24 Sean Dyche

Don't have an issue with those comments when you read the full context - the question and the full response.

He's going to try a deflect - not just for his own benefit, but the club/players.
I agree, but it’s not a matter of the results not matching the performances like it was earlier in the season.

The performances are fully matching the results at the moment.

It’s easier to take in “trust the process” when the underlying metrics support it. They don’t at the moment.

I also don’t really take much of what any manager says seriously in the media. They have zero reason to be forthright and truthful.

Without points deductions, we'd be 14th and that's the only way you can judge him. My argument until very recently was that people were expecting too much of a squad which has scraped out of a relegation fight at the death for two successive years. That argument, based on our recent run of form, is beginning to wear a little thin, I'd have to accept. We are probably now just about the point where what we've delivered this season is acceptable based on what came before. However, the margins are now pretty narrow - unless we start picking up points immediately he's probably going to fall below the line for what I'd have deemed a reasonable return this season.
I lost faith in the “overall points per game if we hadn’t had a deduction has us in X position” argument weeks ago.

The form over the last 10 games is always a much much better forecast of the next 10 games than results from a fantastic 3 weeks delivered 4 months ago.

Where are the 'Dyche out' protests and boos? Canna believe the silence inside Goodison. No other fan base would be putting up with this. Lots of protest on here but nowt where it matters or can be heard.

He may well be attempting to shield the group from external pressure and criticism, but that’s too little and far too late.

His downplaying of the seriousness of the situation and his continuing insistence that nothing needs to change is what leaps out to me.

He’s totally intransigent in the face of an unambiguous failure of his methods.

Instead, it’s like he considers himself a bystander, scratching is head wondering why the same approach is yielding the same result.

He needs to publicly admit he is the one who needs to change things. He has to show understanding of how the fans feel and demonstrate that he understands it’s on him to change our fortunes.

I reckon he'll be given the next two, but if we don't beat Burnley then a change - even if it is a shot in the dark - is required. We can't keep going on like this. I have a lot of sympathy for Dyche: never has an Everton manager had to endure as much. But we have played some fairly average sides in this 12-match winless run (West Ham, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Brighton) and come up short every time. Our future depends on beating Burnley, Forest, Luton, and Sheffield United. I have no confidence at all that this manager and these players will win even two of those games.

In reality, the real issues are way beyond Dyche and these players. And the club will sit on its hands, in all likelihood. But if we can't beat Burnley, then who exactly are we going to beat to stay up? And given the inevitability of another points deduction, we really do have to beat all four of those sides below us. I can't see it with Dyche. Truth be told, I can't see it with somebody else either, because the true mismanagement of the club is evident in the team we put on the pitch, and those players are Championship players bar the goalkeeper and young centre-half.

Have you seen our accounts? No one's getting sacked

Whoever sanctioned a 2.5-year contract for Dyche should be sued for the cost of sacking him.

Yet another ridiculous financial decision.

I always thought mike walker would be one of those forever stats that we'd compare the worst of the worst Everton managers to, but they would never surpass because they'd be punted before ever getting close.

Not only is dyche going to smash that unwanted record, he is going to be given all the time in the world to do it. Even if we go down this season, he will still be the manager next season.