2023/24 Sean Dyche

The excuse of international break only giving a day to prepare was awful as well

Onana was our best player so clearly not impacted
Pickford and Coleman have played together what 120-150 times?
Branthwaite and Tarkowski have played together all season and weren’t affected
Did anyone else even go anywhere?

We didn’t even change our formation or tactic unless he’s saying the players forgot how to press high but that makes no sense as none of our forwards went anywhere but on his trip

The excuse of international break only giving a day to prepare was awful as well

We didn’t even change our formation or tactic unless he’s saying the players forgot how to press high but that makes no sense as none of our forwards went anywhere but on his trip
Kind of excuses trotted out by someone on borrowed time. Pathetic.

Was absolutely pathetic from him that. They had a full week together before the internationals and spent it sunbathing in Portugal.

He's crap and won't get another PL job after us.

Without the points deduction we’re on 31pts, above Palace and Brentford and 9 points clear off the drop. HOWEVER the run of games when we picked up most of the points was immediately post points deduction which clearly inspired the team to over perform.
The reality is we are in a relegation fight. The other teams seem to be getting their act together and we’re dropping like a stone. Dyche has had 3 weeks to prepare for that game! And offered nothing. Totally agree with all the points made on here. He’s tactically inept, substitutions and in game management are nonexistent. His refusal to play Patterson is insane. Maybe Coleman doesn’t score the own goal yesterday if he’s not on the pitch!!!

My suggestion would be Lee Carsley. We’ve basically got a 9 game tournament left to win and he seems to be pretty good at winning tournaments. Lescottt is his assistant manager. Get them in till the end of the season along with some of the old heads, Big Dunc, Baines, Cahill Etc.

Also Dyche spent ÂŁ40 million on Beto and Chemitti. ÂŁ40 million! Needs sacking for that alone.

We need this next points deduction quickly so we can win a few games.

When he came in he had everybody giving 100% every minute, with absolute commitment and a high press that caught everyone out. Getting limited players to give their all with high intensity play was working and we were grinding out points and should’ve been midtable without the deduction.

So what is it?
A) He’s changed his tactics and is a moron - seems unlikely
B)The players are exhausted after playing too hard early season which they’ve never done before and we have minor injuries and niggles stopping us being 100% effective - I had hoped that but most of the team was just off for three weeks so seems unlikely
C)The players aren’t doing what they’re told anymore - seems unlikely given the level of commitment that was being shown and having characters like Tarkowski, Coleman, Pickford and Young towing the company line and telling players what the demands are.

So here’s what I think it is on reflection:
Teams know how we play effectively now and we have no plan b.
We destroyed Bournemouth with our press earlier in the season because they constantly knocked the ball about at the back but yesterday they played far more direct because they learned their lesson.
Dyche did a good job getting a solid plan a in place which Lampard or Benitez never managed to work out but this is where he has to earn his money - we’ve been sussed out! The top clubs survive our press by having the firepower to outscore us if they do make mistakes (or we miss all our chances like against Man U) and the mid/lower table teams change their tactics and we have no clue

Watch us play well against Newcastle and Burnley because they never change their tactics but this can’t go on. We need a plan b or to Dyche needs to go.

I saw a graphic a few weeks back where Everton were top (or top 3) of all the running and endurance stats in the Premier League. The likes of City were down the bottom. Obviously an explanation is we're chasing the ball more but it's difficult to sustain that with more or less the same players every week over the course of a season. It's why a new manager bounce often tends to work.

What annoys me with this fella is after a victory (a rarity I know) he is full of himself. We beat Bournemouth 3-0 at home and the way he was gloating you would think we had won the league. After poor results he doesn’t take the responsibility and tries to brush off any focus on himself.

Remember after the last seasons final game he was going on about standards and how they need to act like a big club? Well, where is it? I don’t see it at all.

It makes you wonder what kind of thinking goes on at the club because it’s clear it’s not matching the reality .